By Berghof Foundation Organization: Berghof Foundation
Closing date: 28 Oct 2018
To support our Conflict Transformation Research and Middle East and North Africa Programmes, we are looking for a
Research Fellow (div/f/m)
The part-time position (40-60%) will be based in Berlin, starting as soon as possible.
As Research Fellow, you will be part of our Research and MENA teams and work closely with and report to our Programme Directors. Your main responsibility will be to contribute to one of our projects aimed to enhance the safety of local communities in four selected areas of Yemen. You will accompany the implementation of the project through providing research, contributing to monitoring, evaluation and dissemination of lessons learnt with a wider Yemeni and international audience.
- Accompany and document major project activities, support knowledge management and contribute to the production of project materials (manuals, briefing papers, reports)
- Provide thematic and conceptual guidance to the project team, partners and project consultants
- Guide an internal reflection process in cooperation with the project team to continuously assess the project methodology and implementation process, contribute to project monitoring and evaluation and advice on project implementation
- Document project outcomes and insights, contribute to collecting lessons learned based on interviews with key stakeholders, partners and team
- Develop regular publications for the dissemination of project outcomes within the SSR/DDR field and international scene
In addition, further tasks will be assigned to support the internal monitoring and evaluation of new projects in the context of our Conflict Transformation Research Programme.
- Proven advanced track record in research and publications relating to conflict areas (in the MENA region, ideally in Yemen)
- Extensive knowledge of and prior experience in conflict transformation or community safety approaches (community policing, rule of law, local security)
- Advanced experience in monitoring and evaluation
- PhD in a relevant field, such as peace and conflict studies, international relations, security studies or political science is a bonus
- Fluency in English is essential, Arabic proficiency would be a strong asset
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Strong empathetic skills to work with unconventional and demanding conflict actors
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Regular travels in the MENA region will be required
- Curiosity, passion, flexibility and perseverance
The position will be based in Berlin for a period of up to 24 months.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) until 28 October 2018 through our online application system:
We look forward to receiving your application!
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI