By Creative Associates International Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 27 Oct 2018
Creative Associates seeks a Finance Manager for an upcoming USAID-funded project based in Cobán, Guatemala. S/he will provide overall financial management and oversight for the project and will work closely with the COP. This position will also be a liaison with the Home Office to ensure full compliance with regulations and policies with regard to implementation of effective internal controls.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Finance Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures.
- Ensure that the project meets all donor contractual requirements and complies with donor policies and regulations.
- Receive and account for all funds for the project (performing weekly and monthly cash checks).
- Liaise between Creative Associates’ field and headquarters offices.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses.
- Participate in budget planning and realignments as required.
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining spreadsheets with current project expense data.
- Provide Project Director/HQ updates on the status of fund requests and work with Finance and Contracts (F&C) in Washington, DC to ensure the timely transfer of funds.
- Submit wire transfer requests for field offices to F&C for processing.
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review and process invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract policies.
- Work closely with field-based subcontractors to ensure budgets, projections, and invoices are completed according to Creative/USAID policies and procedures.
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures.
- Maintain project financial and contractual files.
- Develop financial procedures manual.
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff.
- Maintain a database of accounting documents, in both electronic and hard copy.
- Consolidate accounting data into a monthly return to be forwarded to Headquarters in paper and electronic copies.
- Prepare the requisite financial documents and vouchers.
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to F&C for review and approval by the Controller.
- Coordinate with USAID regarding the management of U.S. dollars and local currencies.
- Ensure monthly field expense reports.
- Travel to field offices when necessary.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- M.S. degree in accounting or financial management desired; B.S. degree with at least 3 years of experience required.
- Previous financial management of a donor-funded project in Guatemala.
- Public or private sector management, financial analysis, cost accounting and relevant experience preferably in developing countries.
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise a complex financial management or general ledger system.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Authorization to work in Guatemala.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb