By Creative Associates International Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 09 Nov 2018
Creative Associates seeks an Information Technology (IT) Manager for an upcoming USAID funded Rule of Law (ROL) program in Guatemala. The IT Manager maintains IT strategies by managing staff; researching and implementing technological strategic solutions.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the IT Manager will support the management of IT related matters and will liaise with the home office’s IT management for technical subject matter expertise.
- Manage and follow-up the execution of all IT tasks inside the project (workflows and processes);
- Supervise and manage day to day activities of the IT team;
- Establish system specifications by conferring with users, analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; design system infrastructure for both project and grantees;
- Establish systems by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems; define system and operational policies and procedures;
- Maintain system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and escalating application problems to vendor;
- Support day to day users request and concerns for both software and hardware. Train staff on new technology available in the facility. Ensure timely and accurate delivery of technology products and services;
- Request new staff emails from Head Quarters (HQ) for newly joined staff. Configure and troubleshoot the new emails accounts for staff;
- Oversee and maintain the internet connection for the offices and residences also follow-up with internet payment;
- Negotiate contracts and purchases with vendors for software, hardware and internet services.
- Install and configure software and hardware;
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures;
- Request software licenses and hardware from HQ;
- Upgrade, install and troubleshoot networks, networking hardware devices and servers software;
- Maintain an inventory of all IT related equipment and parts as well as documentation and license provided by HQ or local vendors;
- Purchase ink cartridges for all the printers at the office and residence;
- Configure and maintain the telephone system at the office and the residences;
- Protect organization’s confidential information and materials;
- Consult with program/operation management for appropriate technical solutions to help them perform their tasks more efficiently; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in information technology or related program;
- Seven (7) years related experience, five (5) years at management level desired;
- Certifications in Microsoft, CISCO, and/or other related technologies is a plus;
- Demonstrated management experience;
- Oral and written fluency in English required; and
- Verbal fluency in Spanish required.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb