By Creative Associates International Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 09 Nov 2018
The five-year Justice and Transparency Project, funded by USAID, will continue to build on improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the justice sector through specialized investigation of crime; expanding and strengthening the High Impact Courts and 24-hr. Courts; improving the efficiency of administrative and financial processes in the justice sector; and promoting essential judicial reform. Efforts must also support improved justice sector services outside the capital, thus improving access to justice to all Guatemalans.
Creative Associates seeks Institutional Capacity Building Advisor to be based in Guatemala City for an anticipated five-year USAID/Guatemala Justice and Transparency project. S/he will be responsible for capacity building interventions with judicial operators, overseeing all aspects of training, curricula development, and of performance evaluation indicators. In addition, S/he will work alongside the Prosecutorial Advisor on the development and training on a new investigation and prosecutions model to be implemented. S/he will lead all training on inter-institutional coordination between the various judicial operators and institutions to ensure that organizations perform under the highest judicial standards. The Institutional Capacity Building Advisor will work with project partners, stakeholders, grantees and national and municipal entities to design and develop action planning, and capacity building for the flow-down of policy in target regions. S/he is responsible for providing technical and managerial support and capacity building to field-based systems strengthening and decentralized institutional staff.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Institutional Capacity Building Advisor will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and supervise a team of six.
- Provide institutional and capacity building of Guatemalan justice sector institutions with improved investigatory techniques and prosecution techniques.
- Develop and deliver cross-sectoral trainings to Guatemalan justice actors such as the Attorney General’s Office, judges and public defenders on corruption cases.
- Develop and deliver alternatives to trial training carried out in various first instance courts.
- Facilitate a process with the judiciary and other stakeholders at central- and municipal-levels to review existing capacity of the pubic ministry, police, first instance courts, and criminal courts
- Work with relevant project stakeholders and local officials to provide support to sustain existing training initiatives and facilitate development and implementation of training curricula and other initiatives;
- Lead development and implementation and monitoring of institutional capacity action plans;
- Provide technical support to a team of six;
- Improve the capacity of education officials and provincial-, district- school staff to develop leadership, managerial, and supervisory skills to effectively implement policies and regulations with regard to improved early grade reading;
- Provide coaching on various issues including data analysis and evidence-based decision making, monitoring, and staff mentoring;
- Lead capacity building for project staff related to institutional engagement at the central and municipal level and monitoring of activities;
- Support dissemination of new policies and opportunities for bottom-up feedback at all levels through state-level workshops involving justice operators and community meetings; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Jurisprudence, strong knowledge and understanding of Guatemala’s justice sector and working with various judicial institutions. Master’s degree strongly preferred;
- At least eight (8) years of general work experience with five (5) years’ specific experience in the Guatemalan judiciary, preferably in the various institutions;
- Demonstrated experience working with government agencies, actors, and other stakeholders at the national and municipal levels;
- At least four (4) years’ demonstrated experience in managing staff;
- Demonstrated capacity to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions; and
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation desired.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb