By Creative Associates International Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 11 Nov 2018
Creative is seeking a Youth Engagement and Communications Specialist for an anticipated USAID funded project, Alta Verapaz Youth Employment Partnership. This project will work with the private sector in implementing initiatives that generate better economic opportunities for youth. The project will work with a range of stakeholders including youth-serving organizations, educational and training centers, private sector employers, private sector representative groups, youth groups, and government agencies.
The Youth and Communications Specialist will be responsible for leading the project’s outreach to youth and youth-serving institutions, engage youth in project activities, and help youth lead on communications and outreach activities. The Specialist will develop effective success stories, weekly, bi-weekly and quarterly reports, newsletters, press releases and other written material to meet the project’s deliverables and communicate our results to USAID and audiences in Guatemala and in the United States.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in journalism, development, communication or similar fields;
- Experience working with at-risk youth, and youth-centered engagement efforts;
- Excellent track record of rapport with youth;
- Experience with Positive Youth Development approaches.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in communication and managing communications responsibilities for projects, programs or organizations;
- Familiarity with USAID branding policies and procedures with hands-on experience with communications in a USAID project strongly preferred;
- Experience in managing a broad mix of communications responsibilities for similar projects;
- Experience in building and effectively supervising a diverse team of employees and partners;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, proactive, creative problem solving and ethical management;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills; and
- Excellent oral and written English and Spanish.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb