By Management Systems International Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 10 Nov 2018
Migrant Communities – Lead Specialist,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.**
Project Summary: **
The four-year USAID-funded Harmoni activity will promote tolerance and inclusion and reduce the risk of violent extremism. Harmoni will focus support on interventions that are narrowly targeted towards communities and individuals most at risk of radicalization, with a mandate to build the resilience of key Indonesian institutions – governmental, civil society, religious, and community-based – that represent the frontline in preventing violent extremism in Indonesia.
**This is a full-time, long-term position based in the Harmoni headquarters (HQ) in Jakarta.
**Please note: Only Indonesian nationals are eligible for this position.
**The deadline for applications is July 10, 2018.
The intermediate result (IR) 3 lead will take the lead in designing, supporting, and overseeing interventions under the migrant communities component of Harmoni, working closely with project partners, sub-grantees, government counterparts, and USAID. S/he will supervise one or more program officers working to support IR 3 implementation, and will oversee sub-grantees from a programmatic standpoint, in coordination with the Harmoni grants team. The IR3 lead will be supervised by the senior technical advisor and will coordinate extensively with other IR leads, the gender specialist, the MEL specialist, and Harmoni senior management team members.
- Conceive, design, implement, support, and manage programming under Harmoni across IR 3, working with migrant communities, government agencies, civil society organizations (CSOs), USAID, and other project partners.
- Oversee and manage Harmoni grantees (CSOs, government entities) working on IR 3 aspects of Harmoni’s scope of work (SOW).
- Support design and implementation of strategic communications tools and interventions under IR 3, in collaboration with the strategic communications advisor.
- Develop analytics and performance indicators to quantify IR 3-related aspects of intolerance and extremism in Indonesia and gauge Harmoni efforts in addressing those aspects, and to achieve project objectives; work with the MEL manager to craft relevant sections of the Harmoni MEL plan and enhance its execution.
- Draft IR 3 sections of Harmoni annual work plans and requests for applications (RFAs) for soliciting grantee proposals.
- Draft sections of Harmoni quarterly & annual progress reports and other ad hoc reports or impact stories as requested by USAID, the senior technical advisor, and chief of party.
- Deliver trainings to project staff, partners, and USAID personnel, as appropriate, on issues related to IR 3.
- Produce activity reports and briefing documents as needed; contribute written inputs to Harmoni progress reports and ad hoc technical documents.
- Build strong working relationships with USAID and Harmoni partners, grantees, and counterparts related to project implementation.
- Supervise short-term consultants and subcontractors as appropriate.
- University degree plus minimum ten (10) years of relevant work experience.
- Deep understanding of and experience with the technical aspects of the Harmoni IR 3 SOW and work plans, including experience with migrant communities and the institutions and agencies that deal with them.
- Experience with programs dealing with other Harmoni IRs a plus (community resilience and reintegration).
- Strong understanding of and experience with relevant aspects of Indonesia’s governance situation, as it relates to IR 3.
- Broad professional network of Indonesian CSOs, government, and other institutions and individuals relevant to Harmoni and IR 3.
- Experience delivering trainings and facilitating workshops or focus group discussions (FGDs) on IR 3 issues for international development programs.
- Excellent communication and written skills; excellent spoken and written English.
- Expertise and professional experience with surveys and data management and analysis preferred.
- Experience with project communications, including success stories and quarterly reports.
- Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to tackle complex issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative with little direction, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize among multiple tasks.
- Strong familiarity with MS Office applications.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb