By Oxfam Organization: Oxfam
Closing date: 24 Oct 2018
GRANTS AND DONOR COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
Reporting to Business Development and Fundraising Coordinator
Internal Job Grade C2
Contract type Global, 12 months extendable
Location Ebril, Iraq (with 50% travel to Program Offices in 5 Governorates)
Staff reporting to Reporting Officer
Total Workforce Approximately 250
Annual Budget Country budget +/GBP 20 million
Oxfam’s programme has been established in 2014 in response to the ISIS conflict in Iraq. Oxfam implemented activities during the past few years was built around the delivery of 3 main areas: A) Lifesaving humanitarian assistance b) Recovery assistance, and C) Promotion of Women Rights.
Lifesaving humanitarian assistance: to newly displaced populations residing in camps or host communities. The bulk of this work was done around the Mosul Operation with activities implemented in the governorates of Erbil, Salah Al Din and Ninewa. Activities included: Establishment/rehabilitation of safe water (boreholes, repair of infrastructure); Emergency water supply (distribution of water through trucking and bottled water); Setting up water tanks and networks in camps; Distribution of hygiene items; construction of latrines; Cash for Work opportunities inside the camps to allow construction work and solid waste management; and Distribution of emergency winterisation kits.
Recovery assistance: to returnees, local host communities and IDPs to recover from the post-conflict and to cope with protracted displacement. The main activities implemented under these areas of work include: Rehabilitation of water infrastructure; Supporting local authorities to rehabilitate essential public services (schools and hospitals); Grants to returnees to recover damaged businesses; Provision of livestock to support farmers; Cash for Work opportunities contributing to income for vulnerable families and supporting rehabilitation of infrastructure of public interest (irrigation canals, main roads).
Promotion of Women Rights: through contributing to the implementation of the National Plan for 1325 UN Resolution, and economic empowerment of women through provision of training and grants to establish/rehabilitate businesses.
In order to serve these three objectives, Oxfam work aimed to integrate the following key sectors together for every intervention in a given location:
Water Sanitation and Hygiene
Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods
Non-food-Items and Shelter
Protection of lives and rights of civilians
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
Advocacy and Media work
To support conflicted-affected populations access appropriate and equitable assistance
To work with Oxfam’s beneficiaries and partners to overcome poverty and suffering and to advocate and campaign for policy, knowledge, attitude, and practice change to help achieve Oxfam’s strategic change objectives in country.
To support the Country Business Development and Fundraising Coordinator, and other members of the Fundraising and Programme teams, with fundraising, grant management, donor compliance, adherence to Oxfam standards, and quality reporting for Oxfam’s Iraq programme.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Grant Management and Compliance:
- Supports staff and partners in ensuring compliance with Oxfam and donor requirements and compliance on the uses of restricted funds, including budget monitoring, amendment requests and timely flagging of problems;
- Supports/leads on the development, review and submission of high quality financial and narrative reports, ensuring consistency, accuracy, clarity and timely submission in compliance with Oxfam policies and procedures as well as donor contractual requirements. Works with programme, logistics and finance staff to continuously improve the quality of Oxfam’s reporting;
- Supports the Country Business Development and Fundraising Coordinator with communications to donors and Oxfam affiliates, including responding to information requests, income tracking, and contract amendments;
- Take lead in monitoring the progress of each grant in terms of implementation, burn rates, donor and internal compliance, context and beneficiaries, and implementing partners;
- Review reports (narrative, financial and relevant annexes) to ensure compliance with Oxfam’s and relevant donor’s guidelines.
- Provide support to and ensure full awareness to relevant departments (specifically funding, programme, finance and logistics) on compliance with donors’ regulations and requirements, and coordinate with HQ-based donor focal points;
- When relevant, summarise donors’ rules and regulations in concise, user-friendly notes;
- Keep abreast of changing donor guidelines and compliance, and building capacity of relevant staff members on these new changes;
- Lead grant kick-off workshops, and facilitating the development of HR, spending, activities and supply plans for each donor grant.
Information and Systems Management
- Responsible for managing the CRIMSON system as the main tool for donor contract management; maintaining up to date allocation, income, reporting and other contract records;
- Maintains restricted funding information systems and records on donor contracts and income data on the shared drive, OPAL and on hard files;
- Support the Business Development and Fundraising Coordinator to collaborate with finance staff and the OPAL Focal Point in country to align CRIMSON allocations, OPAL budgets and PeopleSoft expenditure, ensuring that all variances are rectified in a timely manner;
- Maintain up to date donor logs, reflecting donor engagement meetings and other relevant information;
- Provide training and support to programme and other staff on the use of CRIMSON;
- Contribute to regional monitoring reports particularly on compliance and system maintenance issues;
· Take lead in accurately filling and sharing Funding Grids and Forecast Income growth on a periodic basis.
New Business Development
· Supports the Business Development and Fundraising Coordinator and programme teams on the development and submission of high quality project proposals to donors, including providing information on donor requirements and submission schedules.
Support in Capacity Building
· Work with staff at all stages of the programme cycle in developing skills to meet donor requirements;
· Working with the Business Development and Fundraising Coordinator to design and implement capacity assessments and formal and informal training for programme teams and partners on planning, securing and managing restricted funds. This may include coaching and accompaniment including required support to field based staff and partner organisations;
· Develop tools/materials to support programme teams to understand donor contract requirements;
· LEAD contract start-up and other compliance training sessions, within the country office, field offices and with implementing partners;
· Review partner grant budgets, activity plans and partnership agreements to ensure compliance with donor requirements and Oxfam policies and procedures.
Skills and Competence
· At least 3 years of experience and knowledge of planning for, securing and managing funds from institutional donors, such as EC, ECHO, DFID, OFDA/ USG, BMZ, GFO and UN agencies;
· Sound skills in capacity building in relation to fundraising, donor contract management, donor compliance and programme development;
· Self-motivated, target-driven and an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising opportunities;
· A team player with highly developed interpersonal, influencing and relationship skills;
· Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal (English);
· Good administrative and numerical skills and attention to detail;
· Ability to manage her/his time effectively. Willing and able to adapt priorities in order to respond to changing demands.
· Knowledge of NGO programming in emergencies.
· Knowledge or experience of Oxfam’s programme work.
· Knowledge of Oxfam GB’s internal contract management system (based on peoplesoft).
· Good knowledge and awareness of issues related to Oxfam’s strategic objectives and theories of change.
· Strong proven ability to identify and articulate strategic and policy issues through effective oral and written briefs.
· Proficiency in Arabic.
· Knowledge of the Middle East region.
About the MENA region
The MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region implements and manages programmes in Yemen, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, and Jordan.
Programmes within the MENA region reflect Oxfam’s approach to work across the globe. We support self-reliance, not dependency, and to complement our work on the ground we strive to secure lasting change through our campaigning.
We also put women at the heart of all we do. The majority of people living in poverty are women and girls, and so this focus helps us to achieve our mission to overcome poverty and suffering.
Contract Length: [1 Year ]
Benefits: Oxfam offers staff a comprehensive benefits package including annual leave entitlements, sick pay provision, medical cover plus opportunities for learning and development.
It is Oxfam’s policy to hire at the minimum to middle of the band, depending upon the skills and experiences of the strongest candidate.
For National+ roles: This role is open to both national and non nationals. Successful candidates who will be required to relocate internationally to take up the role will be provided with a competitive international relocation package.
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY:
OXFAM is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please follow the link below to download the job profile, and complete and submit your application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb