By Management Systems International Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 08 Nov 2018
Senior Advisor, Gender-Based Violence (GBV), Iraq
MSI is designing and implementing a pilot program to develop a model for holistic support to Sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) survivors in northern Iraq, particularly Nineveh province with possible extension into other regions, in partnership with existing community structures. The project aims to strengthen the legal, health-related and psycho-social services for survivors of SGBV.
The position will be based in Erbil or Nineveh with possible travel to other regions within Iraq.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The GBV Senior Advisor will be responsible for:
- Providing technical direction and guidance to the program teams to ensure proper planning and coordination of program activities and achievement of targets and intended impact.
- Coordination with the Home Office to manage technical components, provide programmatic leadership, and oversee the strategic planning of activities in support of project goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic vision in determining project priorities and appropriate technical initiatives.
- Contribute to the project work planning, including both the technical activities and budget.
- Provide guidance, technical support and build capacities of the program staff on GBV matters.
- Represent the project in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Provide guidance on the program design, implementation, and monitoring.
- Perform any other tasks as required by the project.
- University degree in gender studies, social sciences, public health, social work or other social sciences, community health, international law, human rights or related fields;
- Should possess significant technical experience on GBV, gender, and human rights.
- Experience in managing an integrated approach to supporting survivors of GBV, including the clinical, psychosocial, legal, and advocacy components.
- Awareness and demonstrable knowledge of how GBV manifests in humanitarian settings and ability to describe context-specific prevention and response actions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of reproductive health issues and/or protection issues in humanitarian and recovery settings;
- Experience working directly with survivors of GBV is recommended.
- Previous experience working on issues of gender and GBV in Iraq.
- Fluency in Arabic is strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb