By Management Systems International Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 08 Nov 2018
Team Leader, Gender-Based Violence Program (GBV), Iraq
MSI is designing and implementing a pilot program to develop a model for holistic support to Sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) survivors in northern Iraq, particularly Nineveh province with possible extension into other regions, in partnership with existing community structures. The project aims to strengthen the legal, health-related and psycho-social services for survivors of SGBV.
The position will be based in Erbil or Nineveh with possible travel to other regions within Iraq.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The GBV Program Team Leader will be responsible for:
- The implementation of the GBV prevention and response pilot program by managing the GBV program design, implementation, and monitoring
- Contribute to ongoing assessments and analyses to better understand protection risks, to map points of service for survivors of GBV and vulnerable individuals, and to identify support structures
- The overall management and delivery of the program and the management and oversight of all program teams and activities
- Work with teams and communities to develop appropriate prevention and awareness-raising/behavior change strategies
- Develop and maintain partnerships among other agencies, clusters/sectors, as part of humanitarian response
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports, on time and with accurate data
- Act as the backbone of the program and ensure that the whole team and partner organizations are performing to a high standard and delivering the proposed outputs
- Perform any other tasks as required by the project
- University degree in social work or other social sciences, public health, community health, international law, human rights or related field
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in GBV prevention and response programming
- Experience in project and team management
- Demonstrated ability to assess, supervise and co-ordinate technical work in GBV prevention and response in humanitarian and recovery settings
- Experience in conducting needs assessments and program design
- Awareness and demonstrable knowledge of how GBV manifests in humanitarian settings and ability to describe context-specific prevention and response actions
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience in humanitarian emergency operations
- Demonstrable knowledge of reproductive health issues and/or protection issues in humanitarian and recovery settings
- Experience working directly with survivors of GBV is recommended
- Previous experience working on USAID programs implemented in Iraq
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Fluency in Arabic is strongly preferred
- Strong self-initiative: ability to implement and manage program activities proactively, without waiting for instructions
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb