By Danish Refugee Council Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Closing date: 13 Oct 2018
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC Jordan has recently identified the need for further improvements in its human resources function, with an especial focus of strengthening the HR capacities in its field offices (8 offices countrywide). It’s DRC ambition to attract and retain the best talent also through meaningful capacity building of its staff. DRC is looking to hire a senior human resource professional who along, with the Human Resource Manager, will provide oversight to day to day activities in the HR department and will support the HR Manager with the development and roll out of new human resource policies and procedures for DRC Jordan in its Amman and country field offices.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Human Resources . Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Support HR Manager in management of human resources department, ensuring they are aligned with legal requirements and that DRC is implementing policies as a responsible Employer;
- Conduct regular internal audits for the HR department and informs HR Manager in case a legal risk is detected;
- Provide guidance to all staff involved in recruitment processes, develop and adapt policies where required and ensure that they are effective, efficient, fair and transparent, and promote equal opportunities;
- Analyze, map and provide data to the HR Manager which shows improvementdecline of HR systems, policies and procedures and Propose improvements to to promote retention of staff;
- Be accountable for the overall quality of recruitment including consistency with changing policies and standards;
- Support the HR officers and HR field based focal points to ensure an efficient electronic filing system granting strict confidentiality of employees’ personal files and other administrative private documents;
- Facilitate HR inductions for all staff, both national and international. Ensure each staff joining is briefed on DRC policies, Code of Conduct and operations handbook and address any needs that might arise;
- Provide support to program and country management around performance feedback, coaching, counseling, career development, and identifying and executing appropriate actions up to and including terminations;
- Conduct regular field visits to review the implementation of human resources and administrative procedures;
- Participate in the HR induction session for Partners ensuring alignment with DRC policies and procedures;
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues;
- Consolidates data and prepares reports providing real time information to support the day-to-day HR processes.
- Support the HR manager in preparing policies and SOP’s related to HR department
Ad hoc tasks and assignments in support of overall HR management;
Required / Desirable
Have a minimum 4+ years professional experience in Human Resource Management and policy principles in areas such as recruitment, performance management, staff payroll, tax, labor law;
Ability to work independently, take the initiative and take responsibility;
Organization and ability to manage priorities;
Proactive approach to making proposals and identifying solutions
Previous experience working in an international environment and/or an international organization.
University degree in Human resources management, Business administration or any related field of study
Professional level in dealing with Microsoft office.
Previous experience in working with HRPayroll software.
Essential: Professional working language in Arabic and English.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 month contract including three months as probation period, renewable based on both funding and performance.
Designation of Duty Station**: Amman**
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: 13 October 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb