By AECOM International Development Inc. Organization: AECOM International Development Inc.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2018
SCOPE OF WORK
AECOM is implementing the Somalia Tis+ Project to promote good governance and community cohesion. The objectives of this contract are to: 1) Increase confidence in governance based on equitable participation in decision making and management of community assets. 2) Empower community and government representatives to engage with private sector and development actors in a collaborative process for community growth. 3) Increase Somali engagement in creating a more stable future. 4) Support inclusive, sustainable development by reducing gender gaps in stabilization and development.
The Finance Officer will provide effective financial and accounting support to the TIS+ Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) and the TIS+ team. He/ She will implement and as needed manage various financial and accounting systems, processes and procedures while adhering to all TIS+ financial policies as well as good accounting practices (GAAP or IAS/IFRS).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with and/or manage as assigned VAT/DA1 Form processes, recording, management and reconciliation;
- Payment requests reviews, requests for additional information, and ensure that payments with the Finance team continue to move through proscribed process;
- Assist with or lead bank reconciliations, petty cash management, voucher compilation and upload and cost projections;
- Assist and/or lead budget development, account balance management, tax remittance, tax return compilation and activity budget reviews;
- Ensure proper documentation reviews of all payment requests and vouchers, proper filing and completeness of field voucher files;
- Review transactions for cost reasonableness, allowability and allocability;
- Make recommendations to improve payment request reviews, financial controls and policies, and workflow processes;
- Assist with audit preparation, auditor reviews and implementation of recommendations as directed;
- All other duties as assigned
The Finance Officer reports to the Finance and Administration Manager
- Bachelor’s degree Finance or Accounting with an added advantage for CPA/ACCA Level 3;
- Minimum three years of work experience in accounting and/or finance;
- Three years of experience with a USAID funded organization would be ideal;
- Proven knowledge of USAID rules and regulations ideal;
- Fluent English language skills required; Somali language skills is highly advantageous;
- Proficient in Microsoft office and ideally, working knowledge of QuickBooks;
- A strong sense of ethics and honesty with attention to detail is mandatory;
- Good organizational skills and the ability to keep absolute confidentiality is required.
Nairobi, Kenya with limited travel throughout Somalia as needed.
One year renewable for up to an additional two years.
How to apply:
Application Procedure: Interested and qualified candidates can apply for this position via https://aecomtisplus.formstack.com/forms/readvertisement_for_finance_officer_position_nairobi by latest Monday 15 October 2018
Read more here:: ReliefWeb