By Save the Children Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 16 Oct 2018
Regional IT Coordinator
Under the general guidance of the Regional office Support Services Manager, the IT Coordinator is responsible for the ICT systems of the organization including research, designing and developing application systems, and providing technical support and training to the users; updates and computerizes the major activities of the organization; plans, deploys and administers communication and application technology, through better and available infrastructure for information processing of the organization.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in Information Technology related field
- Microsoft / Cisco Certification or related field
- Must have 5 years of experience managing IT services in diverse settings
- Advanced knowledge of office productivity tools
- Ability to work independently, take personal initiative, and multi-task including strong facilitation skills in an ever changing, dynamic environment
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to coach others and work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in insecure environments is critical.
- Experience in facility management with regards to managing multiple locations at the same time.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and frustrating working circumstances is required.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Fluency in English
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly into the field.
- Knowledge of donor financial policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of multiple technologies and software development approaches applicable in a development context
- Experience in automation using Microsoft technologies e.g. Visual Studio, SharePoint Designer
- Experience in Business Analysis and Project Management
Contract length: National contract (2 yrs. with possibility of extension)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply:
To apply use link below ;
Read more here:: ReliefWeb