By CTG Organization: CTG
Closing date: 15 Oct 2018
Overview of CTG:
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
In recognition of recent political & security developments in Libya & related opportunities to enhance stability in Tripoli & avert the further erosion of institutional capacities & against the backdrop of the UN Secretary General’s decision to move ahead with relocating the UN into Libya, the Govt. of National Accord (GNA) has requested assistance from UN agencies to efforts of the Ministry of Interior, Libyan police & criminal justice institutions to advance security & the rule of law in Libya’s capital.
Based on detailed assessments of the current context & capabilities & in consultation with Libyan stakeholders, priority areas have been identified for programmatic engagement as follows:
- Structure, roles & resourcing of local police & criminal justice institutions clarified and prioritized according to identified needs in Tripoli.
- Effectiveness of law enforcement & prison service delivery in Tripoli improved through provision of training & technical & material assistance.
- Ministry of Interior enabled to better assess & provide feasible demobilization options for members of armed formations.
- Ministry of Interior provided with capacity development & organisational assistance.
In line with UN commitment to integrated assistance & with support from the Global Focal Point arrangement for Police, Justice & Corrections, UN agencies are rolling out a 2 year ‘Policing & Security Joint Program’ (1.10.2017 – 30.9.2019), which will maximize the capabilities of the UN system in support of the GNA’s agenda in these critical areas. This joint program is fully aligned with the Security Council mandate & the UN Strategic Framework & leverages our client’s operational deployment & footprint inside all Libya as a programmatic entity of the UN Country Team.
In order to realize the objectives of the program, our client seeks a National IT expert to support Libyan authorities with the implementation of program activities related to establishment of computerized systems.
Under the supervision of the PSJP Manager, the National consultant will provide support to the Libyan Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Justice & relevant institutions necessary to the successful implementation of the program activities related to the case management system & MOI operational management systems. The consultant shall perform the following tasks:
- Requirement gathering with analysis and design for both case management system & operational management system (financial management & control, procurement & assets management & human resources management etc.).
- Follow up the technical arrangement for the system establishment from the Libyan authorities.
- Support the Libyan authorities to conduct the mapping of the infrastructure requirements for the targeted institutions (police, public prosecutors offices, courts & prisons) for the case management system establishment.
- Support the Libyan authorities to conduct the mapping of the infrastructure requirements for the targeted MOI departments with relevant state institutions operational management system establishment.
- Coordinate the implementation of the activities under the TOR for the contracted firms/company, which will include the system customization for both case management & MOI operational management, training & technical specification of the equipment.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the system establishment.
- Provide regular progress report to the Policing & Security Project Manager.
- The Joint Program Manager will carry out Day to day oversight and supervision of the National Consultant.
- The National consultant will submit monthly progress reports with detailed time sheets, as well as ad hoc reports following completion of discreet assignments to the Joint Program Manager.
- This role does not have team management responsibility.
- Master’s degree in in Information Technology, Computer Science, Communication or a related field. and/or Bachelor’s degree in in Information Technology, Computer Science, Communication or a related field..
- Minimum of 17 years of demonstrable relevant Information Technology experience.
- Minimum of 17 years of experience in Africa (essential).
- Fluency in Arabic (essential) and English (desirable).
- University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Science, Communication or a related field.
- A minimum of 17 years relevant work experience in the areas of IT, system development & monitoring of development projects, preferably in Libya.
- Strong relationships within the Libyan rule of law & security services.
- Strong experience with demonstrated track record in facilitation & monitoring of development projects, with knowledge of implementing M&E mechanisms a distinct advantage.
- Experience &/or familiarity with Libyan rule of law policies, regulations & practices a necessary requirement to be able to adopt system to the legal framework.
- Experience &/or familiarity with Libyan public administration, HR & financial policies, regulations & practices a necessary requirement.
- Fluency in Arabic a must, strong knowledge of English a distinct advantage.
Other relevant information:
- The initial contract will be for 72 working days, spread over a period of 6 months (from 5.10.2018 to 4.4.2019). The Consultant is anticipated to be home based in Tripoli Libya & produce all deliverable’s from that location.
- Subject satisfactory performance, the assignment is expected to be extended through implementation of the project activities related to output 2 activity 4 & output 4 activity 3 & 4. The deliverable’s may need more development & follow up actions which require more extension of the contract.
- The National Consultant will be home based in Tripoli for the duration of the assignment.
How to apply:
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate and apply for this role using the below link:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb