By RTI International Organization: RTI International
Closing date: 31 Dec 2018
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) has over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector in managing their environment and natural resources. We have delivered innovative, breakthrough solutions in key development sectors including: forestry, protected area management, climate change, renewable energy, economic livelihood development, community engagement, and institutional capacity building.
RTI is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded sustainable forest management program in Malawi. The Chief of Party is responsible for project activities and coordination with the Mission and local stakeholders for successful project implementation and positioning RTI as a leader in sustainable forest management.
The Responsibilities of the Chief of Party include:
· Effectively collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including high level government officials, civil society organizations, local law enforcement agencies, local government units and traditional chief authorities, private sector representatives, local communities, and universities and institutions;
· Build innovative partnerships and promote sustainable initiatives;
· Build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions;
· Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with accounting principles and USAID regulations;
· Diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate programs with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences;
· Lead the overall execution and delivery of the project in keeping with contractual obligations and proposed approaches, while continually exploring innovative ways to improve the results
· Managing any subcontracts and grants with local partners, ensuring the quality and timeliness of deliverables;
· Oversee performance monitoring and evaluation to ensure all project targets are met or exceeded – making recommendations for improvement in program implementation.
· A master’s degree in natural resources management/conservation, renewable energy or related field or, in lieu thereof, five additional years of experience in a sustainable forest management or a related technical area such as alternative energy sources or integrated water resources management;
· At least ten years of experience in the implementation of large and complex projects relating to natural resources management and/or biodiversity conservation, preferably with some focus on forest management; renewable energy, and integrated water resources management
· At least five years proven leadership in the management of similar sized international donor support programs with strong, demonstrated skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting;
· At least five years’ experience working with senior government officials, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders in natural resources management, biodiversity conservation, and/or enforcement of conservation regulations;
· Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Proficiency in English is required;
· Experience Southern Africa with a preference for candidates with experience in Malawi
Local nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI