By Options Consultancy Services Organization: Options Consultancy Services
Closing date: 30 Nov 2018
We’re seeking an experienced individual, who will lead national ownership and health financing approaches in Malawi funded by UK-Aid Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (WISH) programme. The successful individual will provide strong leadership and support to the country team and consultants based in Malawi, and enable us to achieve above and beyond key performance indicators.
The National Ownership and Health Financing Lead will be responsible for leading and coordinating the approach to achieving national ownership for sexual and reproductive health and family planning (SRH/FP) in Malawi. The successful applicant will oversee all national ownership components in Malawi and on health financing specifically, he/she will provide technical support to government to increase allocation and efficient spending on SRH/FP, build effective partnerships with other actors engaged in budget advocacy and accountability and ensure effective use of data to hold governments accountable for SRH/FP commitments.
The National Ownership and Health Financing Lead will provide technical, strategic and management backstopping support to the team in Malawi. The successful candidate will also ensure learning as well as tools and approaches are used to inform roll-out of national ownership interventions in Malawi.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
· At least a Master’s Degree in public health, health economics, health management or a related field.
· At least ten years’ work experience in a senior role in the provision of technical assistance for health.
· Considerable experience in leading the delivery of donor-funded programmes, particularly those funded by DFID.
· Relevant and demonstrable experience in domestic financing and/or strengthening policy and legislation, using evidence to hold the government to account for sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) outcomes and promote quality control and standards of service provision and care programmes settings.
See the Job Description for more details: https://options.co.uk/jobs/national-ownership-and-health-financing-lead-0
About the programme and Options
Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
WISH Lot 2 is led by the International Planned Parenthood Foundation (IPPF) with the following consortium partners: Options (national ownership lead); Marie Stopes International (service delivery partner); International Rescue Committee (service delivery partner); Development Media International (social norm and behaviour change lead) and Handicap International (inclusion of disabilities).
Our approach to National Ownership comprises of four strategies: increase government commitment to SRH/FP outcomes through domestic financing; use evidence-based advocacy and effective partnerships to strengthen policy and legislation; use evidence to hold the government to account for SRH/FP outcomes and; promote quality control and standards of service provision and care.
· Options is an equal opportunities employer
· Overseas candidates require to have the right to work in Malawi.
How to apply:
· To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role (National Ownership and Health Financing Lead, Malawi WISH Lot 2) in the subject header.
· November 2nd: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
· Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis.
· Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).
Read more here:: ReliefWeb