By DAI Global Organization: DAI Global
Closing date: 19 Oct 2018
DAI, an international consulting firm based in the United States, is currently accepting applications from candidates for a Finance Officer position to support the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of Transitions Initiatives (OTI)-funded program. The USAID/OTI program will work with civil society, the Government, and other stakeholders to foster more participatory and inclusive reform.
The Finance Officer will:
- Develop and maintain reports of status of financial management activities (i.e. monthly and quarterly reporting)
- Responsible for ensuring that any/all contractual financial reporting requirements are identified and complied in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that tax reporting procedures are well documented to facilitate preparation and submission in a timely manner
- Review and submit monthly reconciliation reports
- Monitor and submit advance, commitment, and grant reports as applicable
- Coordinate inputs and required project reporting to local authorities, based on registration requirements
- Oversee the reporting of expenses by regional offices
- Provide annual budgets of expenditure as well as quarterly forecasts against budget statements (accruals, pipelines, etc.) as applicable
- Ensure proper segregation of duties for payment processes
- Manage banking relationships and coordinates periodic updates for checking account signers
- Review and approve bank reconciliations performed by the field accountant
- Prepare and review project cost data prior to submitting Oracle data reports to DAI Washington
- Supervise periodic cash counts
- Ensure that foreign taxes paid, if any, are tracked, recorded, and reported to USAID in accordance with ADS guidelines
- University degree in relevant field required
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in financial management required
- Relevant experience working in media, civil society, activism or government in a related role and with demonstrated supervisory experience
- Strong computer skills (MS Office suite) required.
- Experience with grants or small grants under contract programs highly preferred.
- English language fluency required
How to apply:
Please email your CV with the position title specified in the subject line no later than Friday, October 12, 2018 to email@example.com. CVs should be no longer than three pages, New Roman font, size 12. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates should demonstrate they have understood the specifications by respecting them.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb