By DAI Global Organization: DAI Global
Closing date: 19 Oct 2018
Background: DAI, an international consulting firm based in the United States, is currently accepting applications from candidates for a Grants Assistant position to support the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of Transitions Initiatives (OTI)-funded program. The USAID/OTI program will work with civil society, the Government, and other stakeholders to foster more participatory and inclusive reform.
Position: The Grants Assistant will report to the Regional Program Manager, but will work closely with the program’s Program Development Officers. The Grants Assistant will provide support during the entire activity life-cycle to include: review of activity budgets during program design; financial monitoring and financial report review for cost reimbursable grant instruments; and financial reconciliation during activity close-down.
Responsibilities: The Grants Assistant will:
· Compile and analyze accounting records and other cost-realism data to determine the financial resources required to implement small-grants.
· Provide leadership for grant budget preparation, development of grantee financial reporting templates, and financial compliance for cost-reimbursable grant instruments.
· Conduct cost analysis of grant budgets during program design phase of grant development. Examine budget estimates to ensure costs are reasonable, allocable and allowable and comply with USAID Mission related policy and legal guidance. Coordinate within the team between Regional Program Manager, Program Development Officer and Grantee to finalize grant budgets.
· Review grantee financial reports and make recommendations to Regional Program Manager on disallowance or acceptance of invoiced costs.
· Consult with Regional Program Manager to ensure that grant budget modifications are made in accordance with program requirements.
· Review voucher documentation for activity-related payments, and ensure the files are complete and submitted to the program’s internal financial back-up documentation storage system.
· Manage financial reconciliation and other requirements associated with activity close-out.
· Participate in pre-award responsibility determinations.
· University degree in Finance or related field preferred.
· Minimum of 4 years of experience in Budget and Financial Management.
· Relevant experience working in media, civil society, activism or government in a related role.
· Strong computer skills (MS Office suite) required.
· English language fluency required.
How to apply:
Please email your CV with the position title specified in the subject line no later than Friday, October 12, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs should be no longer than three pages, New Roman font, size 12. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates should demonstrate they have understood the specifications by respecting them.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb