By DAI Global Organization: DAI Global
Closing date: 19 Oct 2018
Background: DAI, an international consulting firm based in the United States, is currently accepting applications from candidates for a Senior Program Development Advisor position to support the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of Transitions Initiatives (OTI)-funded program. The USAID/OTI program will work with civil society, the Government, and other stakeholders to foster more participatory and inclusive reform.
Position: The Senior Program Development Advisor will serve as a key technical resource and advisor to USAID/OTI and DAI Regional Program Manager. Under the supervision of the DAI Regional Program Manager (RPM) for the USAID/OTI program, the Senior Program Development Advisor will be responsible for developing networks, informing and shaping activities to be implemented under the USAID/OTI program, and supporting an inclusive approach to coordination with USAID/OTI stakeholders and partners.
Responsibilities: The Senior Program Development Advisor will:
· Utilize and leverage existing network of government officials and key stakeholders in civil society to recommend opportunities for assistance and to expand footprint of USAID/OTI in the country.
· In coordination with USAID/OTI and DAI RPM, develop an initial strategy for meetings with interlocutors in government and the CSO community, and facilitate participation of OTI and DAI senior managers in this initial series of meetings.
· Convert input and recommendations from above initial meetings into executable plans for implementation, including new USAID/OTI activity design, under the direction of the USAID/OTI Country Representative and DAI RPM.
· Collection, analysis, and basic reporting on Malaysian political, economic and legal situation
· Supporting program staff in identifying and implementing problem solving approaches as appropriate.
· Participate in program meetings with USAID/OTI.
· Develop reports, presentations and trainings as requested by the USAID/OTI and DAI RPM.
· Experience in Malaysia and demonstrated expertise on political issues in Malaysia is required.
· Candidate must have at least 5 years of field experience in political transitions, government, democratic reform, governance processes, political party management or activism.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in political science, economics or other relevant field required.
· Experience with designing democratic reform activities, leading media campaigns and/or participating in civil society activism.
· Experience in designing and implementing grant programs is preferred.
How to apply:
Please email your CV with the position title specified in the subject line no later than Friday, October 12, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs should be no longer than three pages, New Roman font, size 12. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates should demonstrate they have understood the specifications by respecting them.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb