By Creative Associates International Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 09 Nov 2018
Creative Associates seeks a Program Coordinator to serve as the senior in-country representative of the Livros a Tempo! program. The program is funded by the World Bank to improve book delivery using Results Based Financing (RBF). The program includes three phases: a quantitative assessment of incentives in local textbook delivery, co-design of an RBF approach to improving textbook delivery with local stakeholders, and implementation of said RBF framework in several districts.
Due to the agile and exploratory nature of the project, the Program Coordinator will have a strong opportunity to influence the direction of the program. He/she will work independently to lead all three stages of the project with limited oversight from Washington, DC. This includes both technical work designing the RBF framework and communications work to socialize the framework with relevant stakeholders. He/she will represent the project in meetings with the ministry (both national and sub-national) district education offices, schools, and any other situations where the program’s aims, strategy, and implementation must be explained.
He/she will be based in Nampula City or Quelimane and will travel as needed within and between Nampula and Zambezia provinces. This explicitly includes visits to recipient schools in both provinces in all stages of the project.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Program Coordinator will report directly to the Project Director in headquarters (Washington D.C.) and will supervise any project staff, vendors and consultants in country.
- Forge and maintain close contact with stakeholders at the province, district, and school level;
- Design and oversee a detailed quantitative investigation of why primary school students are not receiving good condition textbooks at the beginning of the school year;
- Coordinate the co-creation of an incentive scheme for book delivery with relevant stakeholders;
- Provide technical leadership for implementing the new results-based book delivery system;
- Oversee vendors and consultants;
- Travel across Nampula, Zambezia, and Maputo;
- Interact productively and collegially with program partners and stakeholders; and
- Represent the project in local and national meetings.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
The program coordinator position requires past experience independently leading a project. As this project involves design of the core intervention, the program coordinator should have demonstrated experience developing an idea into a final product. While this need not be in the education or development sectors, experience working to overcome barriers to education in rural Mozambique is strongly preferred.
- At least five (5) years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience independently leading a small team;
- Demonstrated ability move a project forward with limited oversight and limited team;
- Demonstrated ability to manage various facets of a program with limited assistance;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with various; stakeholders and advocating for policy changes;and
- The candidate must be professionally proficient in written and spoken Portuguese (ILR 3+) and English (ILR 3+).
Desired Skills & Qualifications (not mandatory):
- At least 5 years’ experience in the education sector in Sub-Saharan Africa is preferred;
- Experience working in rural Nampula or Zambezia;
- Experience with district or provincial governments in Mozambique;
- Experience with a data driven needs assessment;
- Experience in conducting trainings; and
- Background in economics and theory behind results-based financing (pay for performance).
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon finalization of donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb