By International Commission of Jurists Organization: International Commission of Jurists
Closing date: 24 Oct 2018
Call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for Android and iOS Mobile Application Developers
The Denmark-Myanmar Country Programme on Rule of Law and Human Rights
Purpose: The Denmark-Myanmar Programme on Rule of Law and Human Rights calls for an Expression of Interest (EOI) for expert services of mobile developers company/team to develop android and iOS mobile applications for 9 core International Human Rights Conventions and related Optional Protocols in both Myanmar and English languages.
Terms of References
Service Provider (Company, team, individual) to develop android and iOS mobile application (APP) for the 9 core International Human Rights Conventions and related Optional Protocols in both Myanmar and English languages
Remote-based; preferably based in Myanmar
Senior Legal Adviser of the Denmark-Myanmar Programme on Rule of Law and Human Rights
The Denmark-Myanmar Programme on Rule of Law and Human Rights (2016-2020) (hereafter the Programme), implemented by the International Commission of Jurists and the Danish Institute for Human Rights, supports the Union Attorney General’s Office, the Office of the Supreme Court of the Union, lawyers, CSOs as well as the law departments of Dagon and East Yangon Universities in strengthening capacities on core aspects of rule of law and human rights and supporting reform in relevant areas. The Programme, which has a total grant of DKK 70 million (approximately USD 10 million), is based on participatory approaches supporting partners to identify their own needs and priorities and to take the lead in implementation of activities.
The governance of the Programme is based on joint decision-making with partners through co-chaired Steering Committees. The Programme is part of the Denmark-Myanmar Country Programme (2016-2020), endorsed by a bilateral government-to-government agreement between Myanmar and Denmark as well as MoUs with all key stakeholders. A Joint Venture (JV) comprised of the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) and the Danish Institute for Human Rights (DIHR) has been contracted to provide technical assistance to the Programme through a team of experts supporting implementation.
In the modern Myanmar, people including teachers and students are using the smartphone every day. In response to these circumstances, the activity for human rights education is being adapted to the advancing technology in the implementation of human rights education. In this light, the Programme shall develop a mobile app for the 9 core International Human Rights Conventions and their Optional Protocols in Myanmar and English languages.
Therefore, the JV would like to announce a tender bid for an individual, team or company, preferably a team or IT company based in Myanmar to develop the mobile application. The application is to enable users to read the full text both offline and online situations and to allow updates in case of amendments and additions to the Conventions and Protocols. The bid winner will develop the mobile application for both android and iOS. Target audience is not only the law faculty staff of the two partner universities and students, but all law faculties and students throughout the country.
Duties and Responsibilities
In regular coordination with the focal person from the JV, the Mobile Application developer will perform the following activities:
• Design and develop mobile applications for both Android and iOS platforms. The applications should be compatible with all English, Zawgyi and Unicode fonts according to Myanmar’s situation without exception.
• Develop a web-based back-end system to update the existing content inside the applications, so amendments can be made spontaneously or on-demand to the application via internet connection.
• Populate the application with the content provided by the JV
• If a team or company, delegate an individual to engage with the JV; provide the JV a timeframe for developing the steps in the process of creating the APP and keep the JV updated on each step
• Launch the application on the digital market places such as Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Update the JV with the download counts and statistics of the application
• Transfer all of the necessary credentials to the JV after the development, reviewing and launching
• Agree all copyrights vest in the JV
• Prototype/wire frame of the application
• The Android application with fully populated content
• The iOS application populated with fully populated content
• The back-end system with tested functionalities
• The launching of the application on the related application market places
How to apply:
The Proposal Submission
The interested companies, teams, individuals should submit the proposal covering following requisites:
· Experience in developing mobile applications
· If a company the number of persons in their company; number of persons the company will be able to dedicate to the JV project
· Anticipated timeframe of the development, reviewing and launching
· The type of server which will be used for the back-end system (e.g. Shared hosting, VPS, Cloud
· If a company submit company registration proofs plus CVs of persons expected to be dedicated to the project; if team or individual, submit CVs and recommendations from other clients
• Precise pricing model including developments of the mobile apps, reviewing, optimizing and maintenance and support
• Submit the pricing document with significant description on one-time expenses and yearly/monthly subscription fees, the JV will not be able to cover any hidden costs which would come outside of the agreement in the future.
• If the developer has a limit on count of reviewing/amending the applications, they should submit SLA (Service Level Agreement) pricings, in addition.
• Indicate the potential costs that the two partner universities potentially may need to bear.
For any further information, please contact: email@example.com
Please submit the proposal written specifically for this project, a company profile, and CVs, with the subject line “EoI Human Rights Mobile Application”, to email address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24 October 2018. Applications shall be received and considered on a rolling basis, however the JV will generally treat 24 October, 2018 as the cut-off date**.** Only the short-listed companies/teams/individuals will be contacted for further information.
The JV reserves the right to change or cancel these requirements at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb