By DAI Global Organization: DAI Global
Closing date: 31 Oct 2018
Chief of Party, Burma Agri-Food Systems Activity
DAI seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated 5-year USAID Burma Agri-Food Systems Activity. The purpose of this activity is to facilitate the transformation of agriculture and food systems in the Zone of Influence by increasing the productivity, inclusiveness and competitiveness of key value chains.
The position will be based in Yangon. Responsibilities:
- Lead strategic development and oversight to promote private sector efforts for improved agriculture market systems.
- Provide overall vision, leadership and guidance of the project’s implementation for project staff in Yangon, partnering organizations, host government, other donors and stakeholders.
- Ensure quality monitoring and evaluation, regularly evaluate project results, and guide project implementation to achieve maximum impact.
- Oversee management of subcontracts/grants with international and local organizations to ensure full project integration and that deliverable targets are met.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual work plans, regular progress reports, and achievement of program results to USAID.
- Oversee the project’s financial compliance and procedures, ensuring compliance with established DAI’s accounting principles and USAID regulations.
- Coordinate regularly with DAI headquarters and represent the organization at relevant events and meetings with government officials and the donor community.
- Master’s degree in business management, agricultural economics, international development, or another relevant field;
- Proven experience leading projects focused on agribusiness, agriculture value chain development, and economic growth;
- Minimum 10 years of experience designing, managing and implementing complex agribusiness programs, including five years of experience in Chief of Party, Project Director, or similar senior management position;
- Prior work experience with USAID-funded agricultural develop projects, or similar international donor-funded programs, and an in-depth knowledge of USAID approaches and regulations;
- Prior relevant work experience in Southeast Asia. Burma experience is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to apply:
Interested qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and CV to BurmaRecruit@dai.com with the position title Chief of Party in the subject line. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. The deadline for applications is October 31, 2018.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb