By RTI International Organization: RTI International
Closing date: 31 Dec 2018
RTI International’s Learning, Energy, and Environment for Development (LEED) Division seeks applicants for the Program Director for the anticipated District Heat Metering (DHM) Project funded by Millennium Foundation Kosovo (MFK), the accountable entity implementing Millennium Challenge Corporation’s Kosovo Threshold Program. This is a key personnel position and will be based in Pristina, Kosovo. District Heating Metering Activity will support access to alternatives to electric heating. It has three main areas of focus: (1) support new households shifting to the district heating system; (2) support efforts to move towards a more efficient consumption-based billing; and (3) allow for capacity development at the TermokosCentral Heating Utility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage implementation of district heating metering of approx. 12,500 apartments
· Manage the installation of district heating equipment
· Pilot methods to meter district heating in residential buildings such as household level metering vs. building level metering
· Lead an education and awareness campaign for residents
· Provide technical assistance with procurement and investment management
· Lead Termokos network technical and regulatory support to transition from spatial billing to consumption-based billing
· Support regulator with design of consumption-based tariffs for district heat
· Manage an effective monitoring and evaluation activity including baseline surveys with a control group, carrying out initial testing of incentives, monitoring uptake by target beneficiaries and results, conducting post-campaign surveys, as well as evaluating results and refining approach for the next campaign
· Monitor project activity against the contract and notify/advise the home office and technical leaders of significant events and potential concerns regarding the intersection of contract, budget, and technical work, engaging appropriate corporate contractual and finance resources for non-routine issues and quick resolution.
· Ensure country-based staff receive appropriate operational support and oversight and conduct operations activities in an efficient, effective, and standardized manner
· Serve as a direct supervisor to functional technical managers
· MCC reporting
o Ensure the timely completion and quality of all contractual deliverables and reports. Work closely with the home office and other senior project staff to ensure high-quality, cost-effective, and timely delivery of technical and contractual deliverables for overall program success.
o Work with the home office to ensure the client is informed in a timely manner regarding program challenges, grantee issues, or changes to work plans or budgets, and disseminating key results.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred in engineering, finance, business or relevant discipline. At least 15 years of relevant experience (12 with Masters’ level degree) including substantial prior work experience on international donor-funded projects in a program management or financial management capacity. Experience in an expatriate/field-based position will be preferred.
· At least 5 years of donor financial, contractual or grants management required. Fluency with USG policies and procedures related to procurement and operations required.
· Experience in finance, administration, and/or performance management of contracts with annual budgets greater than $5 million is preferred.
· Experience successfully working with teams required.
· Experience backstopping or directly implementing programs in Europe and Eurasia region preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Excellent track record of good interpersonal, supervision, leadership and managerial skills;
· Verbal and written fluency in the English language along with strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Attention to detail is essential, as is a flexible work style able to multi-task.
· Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills; able to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead multidisciplinary teams.
· Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representative and senior-level staff.
· Must be able to work collaboratively (across time zones and cultural boundaries)
Position is contingent upon award.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply at: RTIEnergy@rti.org. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI