By RTI International Organization: RTI International
Closing date: 31 Dec 2018
RTI International’s Learning, Energy, and Environment for Development (LEED) Division seeks applicants for the Program Director for the anticipated Pilot Incentives for Energy Efficiency (PIEE) program funded by Millennium Foundation Kosovo (MFK), the accountable entity implementing Millennium Challenge Corporation’s Kosovo Threshold Program. This is a key personnel position and will be based in Pristina, Kosovo.
Demand for electricity significantly surpasses supply in Kosovo, and the country struggles with the reliability of its energy supply. This project encourages greater household energy efficiency and facilitates the switch to non-electric sources of heating through a pilot activity. MCC’s investments also work to bolster private-sector participation in the power sector by exploring barriers to finance for independent power producers and create opportunities for women to participate in the energy sector through both employment and entrepreneurship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead the implementation of activities aimed at increasing the uptake of energy efficiency investments; supporting more female-owned businesses investing in energy efficiency; and allowing for an approach that supports behavior change and an assessment of the impact of the project
· Lead activities that support grantee applications for rebates; facilitate qualification of installers and materials; and provide technical assistance
· Manage apartment building efficiency retrofits including grants to apartment building communities; support of procurement of general contractors and technical assistance
· Manage grants to women entrepreneurs as service providers and consumers
· Manage an effective public outreach campaigns that target beneficiaries, installers, financial institutions, and other strategic partners
· Manage an effective monitoring and evaluation activity including baseline surveys with a control group, carrying out initial testing of incentives, monitoring uptake by target beneficiaries and results, conducting post-campaign surveys, as well as evaluating results and refining approach for the next campaign
· Monitor project activity against the contract and notify/advise the home office and technical leaders of significant events and potential concerns regarding the intersection of contract, budget, and technical work, engaging appropriate corporate contractual and finance resources for non-routine issues and quick resolution.
· Ensure country-based staff receive appropriate operational support and oversight and conduct operations activities in an efficient, effective, and standardized manner
· Serve as a direct supervisor to functional technical managers
· MCC reporting
o Ensure the timely completion and quality of all contractual deliverables and reports. Work closely with the home office and other senior project staff to ensure high-quality, cost-effective, and timely delivery of technical and contractual deliverables for overall program success.
o Work with the home office to ensure the client is informed in a timely manner regarding program challenges, grantee issues, or changes to work plans or budgets, and disseminating key results.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred in engineering, finance, business or relevant discipline. At least 15 years of relevant experience (12 with Masters’ level degree) including substantial prior work experience on international donor-funded projects in a program management or financial management capacity. Experience in an expatriate/field-based position will be preferred.
· At least 5 years of donor financial, contractual or grants management required. Fluency with USG policies and procedures related to procurement and operations required.
· Experience in finance, administration, and/or performance management of contracts with annual budgets greater than $5 million is preferred.
· Experience successfully working with teams required.
· Experience backstopping or directly implementing programs in Europe and Eurasia region preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Excellent track record of good interpersonal, supervision, leadership and managerial skills;
· Verbal and written fluency in the English language along with strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Attention to detail is essential, as is a flexible work style able to multi-task.
· Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills; able to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead multidisciplinary teams.
· Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representative and senior-level staff.
· Must be able to work collaboratively (across time zones and cultural boundaries)
Position is contingent upon award.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply at: RTIEnergy@rti.org. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI