|Entity:||European Investment Fund|
|Deadline:||Tuesday 30th October 2018|
The European Investment Fund, (EIF) is seeking to recruit for its Middle, Information and Back Offices Department (MIBO) – Information, Process & Automation Division (IPA) – Projects, Processes & Information Unit, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a
Project and Process Management Officer
Appointment will be made on the basis of a fixed term contract of three (3) years.
The Project, Process and Information Management Officer shall lead EIF internal projects from both business and technical nature, including the process-related initiatives. S/he will also contribute to the evolution of the Project and Process Management methodology and tools. In particular, s/he coordinates closely with the other officers of the Unit to ensure the alignment of processes and information.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Projects, Processes and Information Unit and cooperate closely with other members of Information, Processes and Automation Division, as well as with business services involved in current and future initiatives/projects, ultimately servicing internal and external stakeholders.
- Be responsible for leading and/or participating to EIF initiatives and projects usually entailing a significant level of horizontality across the organisation;
- Support projects related to the business improvement and data quality of the core platforms in use at EIF;
- Estimate activities, work effort and coordinate the various stakeholders towards the achievement of common goals and deliverables;
- Contribute to a consolidated view of all EIF projects and initiatives planned and in progress, ensuring that regular reports are delivered to various internal stakeholders;
- Contribute to alignment of practices and processes across different areas of the organisation;
- Launch and/or participate in the process mapping, optimisation, streamlining and/or restructuring initiatives;
- Be co-responsible for the maintenance, support and usage of the Process and Information representation tool and the Project Management tool, fostering close co-operation with all members of the team;
- Build and maintain relationships with peers in the process and project domain, as well as with industry bodies, vendors and experts.
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering or any other relevant quantitative discipline complemented by either technical or business background in Project and/or Business Process Management;
- At least three (3) years’ professional experience in project and process management and/or in relevant assignments preferably in the financial sector. Further experience in business planning and/or analysis would be an asset;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of project management principles, methods and practices (e.g. PMI qualification would be an advantage);
- Strong knowledge of modelling and processing techniques and methods (proficiency in using a tool for Business Process and Information Management -e.g. MEGA, Visio, other – would be an advantage);
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Project and planning though GANTT charts;
- Good knowledge of data and information management aspects;
- Understanding of, and keen interest in, developing financial and business skills;
- Fluent English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
- Very good planning, analytic and problem solving skills;
- Ability to argue convincingly, influence and communicate in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team with an aptitude for close co-operation and co-ordination;
- Service oriented, with the capacity to work under pressure while keeping deadlines under control;
- Proactivity, reliability and commitment demonstrating capacity to drive and/or support initiatives that bring value to the organisation;
- Flexibility and adaptability to various business contexts.
Deadline for applications: 30th October 2018
* Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Read more here:: EIB