By COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale Organization: COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
Closing date: 25 Oct 2018
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
Represent COOPI in the coordination and support of all COOPI interventions in the Countries under Latin America Coordination Office, ensuring that COOPI mission and vision is respected in the Countries’ strategy and in the implementation of the programs’ activities
Report to: COOPI Director at Head Quarters – Milano
Duty station: Lima
The Regional Representative must demonstrate capability directly related to the proposed work, including technical qualifications, supervisory skills, relevant academic background, and demonstrated experience in American countries and difficult/problematic operating environment.
The Regional Representative of the Latin America Coordination will be responsible for overseeing the technical and management expertise present on the field, liaising with the governmental institutions, the donors and other key stakeholders, fulfilling the principal responsibilities as outlined below.
- Strategic Planning : Collaboration with the Head Quarters Offices for the preparation of the area and sectors strategies and related operational plans for the Countries under Latin America Coordination Office;
- Continuous monitoring/supervision of implementation of the strategies and operational plans in the Countries under Latin America Coordination Office.
- Institutional relationships :Represent COOPI with the Institutions (local and international) and donors in the Countries under Latin America Coordination Office, in collaboration with the Country coordinators (if present);
- Develop and enhance the relationship with the regional coordination of Institutions (local and international), donors and international and local NGOs present in the Countries under Latin America Coordination Office.
- Donors Identification: identify directly and in collaboration with the Country coordinators (if present) and with the Head Quarters appointed offices, new donors in the geographical area of competence.
- Financial management: support and supervise, in collaboration with the regional administrator, the Head Quarters area focal point and the Country coordinators (if present) or the local administrators of the countries under Latin America Coordination Office, the preparation of the annual budget, analysis of costs, share costs and subsequent revisions;
- Supervise, in collaboration with the regional administrator and the Head Quarters area focal point, the projects’ and coordination’s financial management in the Countries under Latin America Coordination Office.
- In coordination with the Head Quarters Offices, collaborate with the Country Coordinators (if present) in the elaboration of the strategies and annual planning for the submission of projects, and supervise the implementation of the same for the Countries under Latin America Coordination Office.
- Coordinate the elaboration and designing of new proposals, and ensure the preparation of the documentation needed for the submission of the same, in collaboration with the appointed Head Quarters offices.
- Ensure the right application of donors’ procedures and contracts/grants.
- Revise directly and/or in collaboration with the Administrators, the projects’ reports (narrative and financial), and ensure the timely sending of the same to the donors, and the monitoring documentation requested by the Head Quarters.
- In collaboration with the appointed Head Quarters offices, evaluate the results achieved by the projects’ activities implementation, and modify strategies and activities according to the needs.
- Human resources management: in coordination with the Human Resource Office at Head Quarters level, and together with the Country Coordinators (if present), select the expatriate staff, discuss the conditions of contract with the selected expatriate staff, and approve the contracts;
- Follow up contracts and insurances for the expatriate staff;
- Evaluate the performance of the expatriate staff.
- Visibility and communication
- In collaboration with the appointed Head Quarters office for Communication and Fundraising, coordinate the visibility and communication activities in the geographical area of competence and in the Countries under Latin America Coordination Office;
- In collaboration with the Country Coordinators (if present), or directly, organize and supervise the visibility activities and the communication initiatives in the Countries under Latin America Coordination Office;
- Be the focal point for the Head Quarters office for Communication and Fundraising for the visibility and communication activities implemented in Italy for the Countries under Latin America Coordination Office;
- Together with the Head Quarters office for Communication and Fundraising, evaluate the impact of the related activities.
- Projects’ Monitoring and evaluation
- In collaboration with the appointed Head Quarters Office, plan the monitoring tools and the evaluation activities;
- Ensure the supervision of the implementation of the monitoring tools;
- Together with the appointed Head Quarters offices, evaluate the results of the monitoring and evaluation activities, and modify strategies/activities according to the needs.
- COOPI rules supervision : Define/update COOPI internal rules for the Countries under Latin America Coordination Office, and ensure/ supervise their implementation.
- Acquirement/purchasing procedure
- Ensure that the acquirement/purchase procedures are rightly implemented, according to donors’ and COOPI requirements.
- University degree, or other relevant academic background;
- At least 5 years working experience, out of which at least 3 in projects programming and management;
- Previous experience in HR Management
- Previous experience as Country Coordinator will be an advantage;
- Previous experience in COOPI overseas will be an advantage;
- Proactive aptitude in terms of planning and coordination with different bodies, Institutions and reference Points;
- Good leadership skills, aimed at managing and motivating a team;
- Positive ability to bear stressful and complicated situations;
- Diplomatic and confidentiality skills;
- Target oriented and problem solving aptitude;
- Good knowledge and use of the English and Spanish Language, both written and spoken;
- Previous experiences in project writing;
- Good report writing skills;
- Good administrative skills.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb