By International Organization for Migration Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 22 Oct 2018
Vacancy Notice – VN-R0-031-2018 – Open to internal and external candidates
Position Title : Senior Regional Information and Communications Technology Assistant
Duty Station : Dakar, Senegal
Classification : General Services Staff, Grade 7
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date : October 22, 2018**
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The Regional Office (RO) for West and Central Africa in Dakar, Senegal, is recruiting a Senior Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Assistant.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director and direct supervision of the Senior Regional Resources Management Officer, the incumbent will be accountable and responsible, at local and regional level, for coordinating and overseeing the implementation of ICT components, as well as provide advice on relevant and effective technology to be used in line with IOM ICT standards and policies. The incumbent will also participate in the IOM IT infrastructure evolution and ensure timely responses to all business requirements in support of IOM operations and projects in the Missions.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage the ICT support by coordinating activities and operational ICT support to the Dakar Regional Office
- Provide operational and security administration, maintenance and support, and customer service for RO Dakar and the Country office (CO) Senegal LAN/WAN environment, servers, and applications.
- Implement and administer the security of various systems and network components, including access to the internet and protection against viruses and malware.
- Lead in the analysis of the overall Mission’s IT equipment’s performance and needs, identify areas for improvements, and recommend and implement new technologies, upgrades, and technical solutions for enhancement of both office’s IT systems.
d. Guide RO and CO Senegal to follow, implement, and enforce ICT standards and policies. Monitor proactively, identify major gaps, and provide recommendations to address any associated risks to minimize downtime and maximize effective utilization of organizational IT resources.
- Prepare and update the technical documentation, SOPs, and inventory of IT resources and licenses.
f. Provide periodic reports on service requests, incidents (such as unplanned system or network downtimes), and status of assigned ICT projects.
- Direct, monitor, and facilitate the security and maximum availability of the data as well as its proper performance and efficient storage facilities.
- Manage database server builds, standard images, and software installations. Analyse and tune databases and servers for optimal efficiency; monitor database administrative procedures and suggest improvements to ensure stable and reliable database platform.
- Design, document, and build database schema, procedures, security and encryption.
Facilitate end user training and system support in the Mission.
Supervise and coordinate work of ICT staff in the Regional Office.
Coordinate, evaluate, and report on resources required, assist in recruitment of ICT staff, and provide technical guidance for IT based components within the projects implemented by RO Dakar and CO Senegal.
Support the implementation of IOM’s corporate applications in field missions such as MiMOSA, PRISM, UKTB Global Software, Intranet, PRIMA, and others; including Information Management Systems deployed in field offices.
Assist Project Managers and Thematic Specialists in evaluation of technical requirements and specifications for project proposals with an ICT component.
Maintain the RO’s Website and Social media’s implementation in coordination with the Communications Officer.
Provide support to IT Staff from missions under RO Dakar coverage.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree preferably in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, or related fields of study, with specialized formal training on IT systems, business software, and web-based applications.
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant work experience or five (5) years for candidates holding University degree.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in determining and providing solutions, and able to manage workload priorities for assigned tasks.
- Ability to provide IT Technical Support with a service-oriented and customer-satisfaction mindset; focused on quick and positive response/feedback to clients.
- Knowledge of the region is an advantage.
Fluency in English and French is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this advertisement in the subject: “VN-RO-031-2018”. Application must contain a CV and a Cover letter in a unique file.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 09.10.2018 to 22.10.2018
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT