|Entity:||European Investment Bank|
|Deadline:||Monday 5th November 2018|
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Transaction Management & Restructuring Directorate (TMR) – Counterparty Management Department (CM) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
(Senior) Executive Assistant
This is a full-time position at grade 2/3
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid December
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The (Senior) Executive Assistant provides administrative assistance to the Head of Department; assists in the management of the information flow to the Head of Department; assists in the day-to-day coordination of the Department’s workload; ensures the quality of documents issued; ensures the relevant processes and procedures are followed; keeps under review the administrative processes necessary to support the Department’s activities.
Reports directly to the Director of CM Department and will interact with the whole Directorate as well as with other Services throughout the Bank.
Specific Post Environment
TMR Directorate monitors counterparts and contracts and acts on contractual events under its responsibility, as well as on distressed transactions, to protect the EIB’s financial interest and reputation. The Directorate is responsible for the Financial Monitoring, Event Resolution and Restructuring of (i) EU and non-EU counterparts, (ii) EU and non-EU fully invested funds and equity as well as (iii) EU and non-EU private sector distressed transactions. TMR is also responsible for developing and updating Bank-wide Financial Monitoring guidelines.
Assist the Director of CM Department in all administrative tasks; screen and distribute incoming documents and correspondence, prepare responses and/or ensure appropriate follow -up, distribute and circulate information within the TM Department in order to assist the Director of CM Department in the performance of his duties and keep the Department’s staff informed;
- Responsible for scheduling meetings and appointments on behalf of the Director of CM Department; plan and organise regular meetings and any other communication channels, including the preparation of agendas, invitations and management of the logistical arrangements
- Monitor follow-up of management decisions
- Interface with internal and external contacts
- Draft/finalise correspondence, meeting notes and other communications
- Prepare documents requiring the Director of CM Department’s approval and/or signature; monitor that deadlines are met and internal procedures are followed
- Coordinate with the Director General’s Executive Assistant on the CM points for the MC Agenda and manage the Director’s participation in MC meetings
- Interface with other Directorates/Departments and provide information on status of process
- Organisation of business related travel and preparation of expense reports
- Provide guidance to CM Department staff on administrative/operational procedures; identify improvements and developments of existing methods and processe
- Ensure an effective electronic/paper filing and archiving system for the Director of CM Department to ensure easy retrieval
- Secondary level education, completed with a 2 year certification in a relevant field (secretarial studies, business administration) or secondary level education with equally qualified experience in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience
- In-depth knowledge and application of the Bank’s administrative and operational policies and procedures, including those on privacy and confidentiality
- Excellent knowledge of the Bank’s standard computer tools, particularly SmartNote, SmartDesk, PeopleSoft, Serapis, GED and MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and a good command of French*
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
(*). We particularly welcome applications from men and persons with disabilities.
Deadline for applications: 5th November 2018
Read more here:: EIB