By Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) Organization: Union for International Cancer Control (UICC)
Closing date: 21 Oct 2018
Head of Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
Reports to: CEO
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Availability: As soon as possible
The Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) is a non government organisation based in Geneva which serves an international and diverse population of cancer organisations to unite the cancer community to reduce the global cancer burden, to promote greater equity and to integrate cancer control into the world health and development agenda. We have achieved this by building a membership base of over thousand organisations and engaging in partnerships with more than 60 organisations across the UN, academic, health and private sector.
UICC convenes members and partners to encourage collaboration and new thinking through keystone events (World Cancer Congress, World Cancer Leaders Summit and World Cancer Day). Through our capacity building activities, UICC supports its members do a better job tomorrow than they do today and increase their impact by scaling up their relevance, reach and sustainability in their own settings. With our members and partners, we drive forward the key advocacy priorities building upon key international agreements (the Sustainable Development Goals, the Global Action Plan on NCDs and the 2017 Cancer Resolution at the World Health Assembly) to ensure that these global goals and targets are translated into national action.
UICC has a team of 45 people based predominantly in Geneva, Switzerland led by a CEO, reporting to a Board of Directors. It has an annual income of approximately $10m and has plans to grow significantly in the coming years. The UICC works in new offices in Geneva situated close to the United Nations and the World Health Organisation, with whom it has formal relations.
Summary of the position
The Head of Marketing, Communications and Public Relations will translate the long-term strategy of UICC into fundable and sustainable strategies in the areas of marketing, communications, public relations and digital platforms. S/he will be responsible for leading, managing and developing a team of five people and collaborate with other teams to ensure that the UICC brand, visual identity and messages are consistently implemented across the organisation. S/he will be responsible for delivering the e-UICC strategy that involves outreach to members to increase the already high levels of engagement.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
· Leading, managing and developing the Marketing, Communications and Public Relations team
· Creating, implementing and measuring the success of comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations strategies that support the delivery of UICC’s objectives
· Developing short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing, communications and public relations.
· Leading project such as the delivery of a UICC e-platform, global campaigns (eg. World Cancer Day, World Cancer Congress), Information database design and delivery.
· Working in close collaboration with all UICC teams to drive UICC’s communications strategy in line with the organisation’s priorities
· Acting as a UICC’s representative and spokesperson with the media, supporting the CEO in his/her interactions.
· Contributing effectively to the management of UICC more broadly.
Skills and competencies
· Advanced university degree in communications, marketing, public relations preferred or a comparable education.
· Minimum of 8 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
· Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities (including digital media, and the production of electronic and print materials and publications).
· Demonstrated successful experience in writing for different purposes, making presentations and negotiating with media and suppliers.
· Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
· Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
· Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and to work to tight timescales with others.
· Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
· Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organisational and personal sales skills.
· Strong oral and written communications skills.
· English mother tongue; other languages will be an advantage, especially French and/or Spanish
· The candidate should be eligible to work in Switzerland
How to apply:
Send your CV and motivation letter explaining how you think your skills and experience make you a strong candidate for this position to email@example.com. Deadline for applications: 21 October 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Read more here:: ReliefWeb