By RTI International Organization: RTI International
Closing date: 31 Oct 2018
RTI International is seeking Communications Officer Candidates for the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI)-funded Inform Asia Cooperative Agreement.
Inform Asia’s mandate is to provide high-quality technical assistance to the national malaria control programs in both Thailand and Lao People’s Democratic Republic (PDR) in their quest to achieve malaria elimination. Inform Asia has three objectives:
Strengthened malaria surveillance systems in Thailand and Lao PDR;
Research activities conducted to evaluate strategies and tools for implementation and scale-up for malaria elimination; and
Strengthened capacity of the national malaria programs to generate, analyze, and use strategic information
The Communications Officer for Inform Asia will support the development and production of communications materials and messages for multiple audiences including USAID, PMI, Ministries of Health, the global malaria community, and the general public. The position is based in Nonthaburi province, Thailand, at the office of the Bureau of Vector Borne Disease. Some minimal travel within Thailand and to Lao PDR may be required.
- Work with technical staff, USAID, host country government counterparts and other stakeholders to make information about malaria program activities and results widely and easily available for multiple audiences through the multiple channels.
- Develop, maintain and support the implementation of an evolving Communications Plan for the program, as whole. The plan will include a range of products: journal abstracts, manuscripts, advocacy reports, technical and advocacy presentations, human interest stories, public relations products, (press releases and public event materials), general materials development and social media and provide support for editing and document preparation.
- Coordinate all phases of production of communication materials, working closely technical staff and designers.
- Support the preparation and formatting of the quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports; coordinating with technical staff to collect all necessary information and work with the Chief of Party review and finalize before submission to USAID.
- Support the Chief of Party by compiling brief weekly reports for USAID and/or other reports and meeting minutes, as needed.
- Manage the program’s shared online archive of technical reports and other communications materials.
- Responsible for assuring proper marking and branding of program documents and materials and for compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Master’s degree in English, Health, Communications or Information Services or Management and/or 3 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years of experience.
- Experience of working on USAID-funded programs and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations governing branding and marking is highly desirable.
- Broad knowledge of strategies and programs to address global health issues is desirable. Experience with malaria prevention and control programs is highly desirable
Experience working in a team environment to meet program objectives.
Broad knowledge of fundamental principles, terminology, and methodology of marketing writing, technical editing, and document organization.
Experience in writing technical content for wide range of audience (technical and non-technical), design, and publication processes, including print and digital dissemination. An ability to work with layout and graphic art professionals.
Strong organizational skill and attention to detail; ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and manage a variety of tasks with accuracy.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and Adobe Illustrator.
English fluency is necessary.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must complete and submit an online application at http://m.rfer.us/RTIppt3le
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI