By Cardno Emerging Markets Organization: Cardno Emerging Markets
Closing date: 28 Oct 2018
Join Cardno in Dili, Timor-Leste, to play an integral role in the Governance for Development (GfD) Program by managing the implementation and quality assurance of the GfD Program, in close coordination with the Australian Embassy in Dili. The Team Leader plays a key role in steering the Program’s overall strategy and is responsible for generating options and recommendations to translate agreed support into action and results.
This role involves:
- Sourcing and management of advisers, grants, resources, budget and activities that support the objectives of GfD.
- Ensuring quality of support provided to the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) and its reform initiatives, including monitoring work progress and identifying and responding to challenges and risks.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the GfD team, Australian Embassy personnel, government counterparts and grant partners.
- Management and implementation of the GfD monitoring, evaluation and learning plan; and production of reports and communication products. The Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://bit.ly/2PBFVhW
You will be a motivated and proactive Team Leader with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- At least 10 years of experience in a senior management role, ideally in a governance or economics-related program.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a multidisciplinary and multinational team of advisers, local staff and external service providers.
- Demonstrated cross cultural communication and relationship management skills with the ability to work effectively with government counterparts.
- Prior experience with Australian development cooperation projects. Remuneration
This position is classified under DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) as Discipline C, Level 4 and will be offered at a level commensurate to the successful candidates’ experience relevant to the role.
About Cardno and the program
Cardno Emerging Markets supports the implementation of the GfD Program on behalf of the Australian Government. GfD is in its second phase with a completion date of 30 June 2021.
The objective of the GfD program is to support the GoTL to achieve sustainable economic and human development as detailed in its Strategic Development Plan (SDP) 2011-2030. GfD supports the development of fiscal and economic frameworks that aim to deliver sustainable government finances, promote economic growth and meet social needs.
To achieve its development targets, Timor-Leste is striving to improve the performance of its government agencies. The core work under GfD is with central agencies to improve policy development, implementation and systems that are most important to economic management and service delivery. The key GfD work areas are:
- Public Financial Management
- Economic Policy
- Public Administration In addition to technical support to government agencies, GfD has a number of grants with partner organisations (multilaterals, Australian and local), for research, inclusion of other voices in public policy and additional reform-specific work. Some grants are managed by Cardno and some are managed directly by the Australian Embassy. The GfD Program’s strategy and government engagement is led by the Australian Embassy in Dili, with support from Cardno. GfD Program implementation is managed by Cardno.
How to apply:
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click the “apply” button to submit your application online with the reference number GfD149 by 28 October 2018, 23.55 Dili time. Your application must include the following:
- Your CV, outlining your work history and experience.
- A response of no more than two (2) pages addressing each of the selection criteria listed above.
- Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees Contact
For any enquiries about this position, please contact Tanya.McQueen@cardno.com quoting GfD149 in your email subject line.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb