By Creative Associates International Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 09 Nov 2018
Creative Associates seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Libya focused on local governance and civil society. The COP will be responsible for the overall planning, implementation, and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. The COP ensures compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant USAID and USG rules and regulations. The COP will also take the lead in coordinating with USAID, relevant Government of Libya bodies at the local and national levels, and other implementing partners. The position is located in Tunis, Tunisia, with the potential to relocate to Tripoli, security permitting.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the project director in Washington, D.C.
- The project will contribute to the resilience, effectiveness, and self-reliance of Libyan local government and civil society.
- Project will meet deliverables on time and within budget.
- The project will be in compliance with agreement terms and USAID regulations.
- Coordination with other implementers, Libyan government institutions, and other key stakeholders will improve synergies and increase the impact of the project.
- Provide overall technical and administrative leadership and demonstrate intellectual ownership for the project’s implementation;
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID on management and technical matters;
- Supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements;
- Take a leadership role in coordination among donors and key stakeholders and other implementing partners;
- Interact with numerous government institutions and senior-level national and local-level government officials;
- Ensure technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to Creative’s policies and procedures and consistent with USAID regulations;
- Oversee implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provide leadership in handling security-related issues;
- Oversee implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure that project results and targets are met;
- Work in partnership with the HQ-based Project Director, engaging in frequent, routine communication with the Headquarters Office around the project’s progress and potential issues; and
- Manage the project team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development and solicits constructive staff input.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field is required; Master’s degree is preferred;
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant experience working in relevant management, supervisory, and technical experience working with programs that are of similar scope to this activity is required (at least 10 of these years must be in a management/leadership position);
- Experience in the governance, citizen engagement, and conflict management and mitigation in MENA is required, preferably with context knowledge of Libya and with experience in project design, strategic planning and implementation, and capacity building;
- Experience with remote management of program activities in a highly insecure environment;
- Experience in the hiring and supervision of host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting); and procurement;
- Past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic; and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Prior experience as COP or team leader for a donor-funded project; and
- Experience engaging women, youth, and marginalized groups to ensure their inclusion.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb