By Médecins Sans Frontières Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières
Closing date: 15 Oct 2018
MSF is Hiring: CONTEXT ADVISOR
Working place: les Berges du Lac 1
I. Main purpose
Supporting the Head of Mission in coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpretations according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures.
• Supporting the HoM in promoting and protecting the MSF image externally and assisting in context analysis, disseminating relevant context information to the coordination team, regularly informing them on key issues, updating general information on the context for MSF internal documents and advising on cultural appropriateness of organized activities and individual behaviors.
• Analyzing the risks and the security level of the context of the mission and assisting in conducting risk assessments and in the development security plans for the mission and projects. Advising the PC and Head of Mission on aspects of security management
• Establishing and maintaining external relationships with relevant authorities and stakeholders. Keeping good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and departments and keeping up to date records of field contacts (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, etc.) verifying that they are easily accessible, in order to facilitate contacts and meetings.
• At the request of the Head of Mission, representing MSF in meetings (NGOs, official bodies and administrations, etc.) and preparing full report
• Ensuring the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration in the country, working permits, immigration policies, national protocols, etc.
• At the request of the HoM, preparing and conducting an information briefing, focusing on the country context for International Regional and Relocated Staff
• Translating sensitive documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Writing letters and correspondences with officials and partners and preparing reports, internal memos and formal requests. Monitoring the correspondences in the absence of the HoM.
III. Requirements :
• University degree or similar level of education
• Experience in humanitarian aid programmes preferably within MSF.
Essential: Thorough understanding of the workings of the different administrations of Libya
• Experience with working on political, security and humanitarian issues in Libya
• Expertise in the analysis and management of instable contexts and crises situations
• Essential: Arabic and English, the mission language
• Computer proficiency in MS Excel and Word
• Good analytical skills, at ease with figures and economics data
• Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, including writing skills
• People Management and Development
• Commitment to MSF Principles
• Behavioural Flexibility
• Results and Quality Orientation
• Teamwork and Cooperation
40 hours per week = 8 Hours per day, 5 days a week
Starting date: ASAP
- Type of Contract:
Fixed contract, with possibility of extension based on performance
MSF will deduct from the gross salary the taxes and contributions as required by law.
Libyan nationals are encouraged to apply
How to apply:
Please send your application (CV, cover letter, diplomas, photocopies of previous work certificates, copy of national identity card) to the following e-mail address:
Deadline for submission of applications: October 15, 2018
Candidates who will be selected for an interview will have to present their identity card.
Médecins Sans Frontières Tunisie
Read more here:: ReliefWeb