By International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2018
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Tunisian Civil Society Specialist
Reports To: Chief of Party
Classification: Short-Term Consultant
Overview: USAID/Tunisia has requested that IBTCI’s Monitoring and Evaluation for Tunisia and Libya (METAL) activity conduct a focused assessment of the democracy, human rights and government sector in Tunisia. USAID seeks to understand the progress of democratic consolidation in the seven years since the Tunisian revolution. The assessment will also include a particular focus on issues of corruption, regional disparities in Tunisia, and gender issues, particularly gender-based violence. Tunisian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist with development of data collection tools and collection methods;
- Oversee or conduct primary data collection, such as key informant interviews, as assigned;
- Write relevant sections and review the final assessment report on democracy and governance in Tunisia, responding to USAID’s questions;
- Participate in presentation of findings to USAID/Tunisia;
- Provide support to the Assessment Team Leader as needed.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least five years of experience in the democracy and governance sector with a focus on civil society programming in Tunisia;
- An understanding of the political environment in Tunisia;
- Demonstrated expert understanding of civil society issues and capacity building programming;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, such as conducting assessments and knowledge of research methods including key informant interviews and focus group discussions.
- Demonstrated expertise in democracy and governance programming with a focus on civil society.
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations.
- English language, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- French and Arabic language skills required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required**.** Advanced degree strongly preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: No supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Travel: Travel within Tunisia is required.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit IBTCI’s website.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb