By Mercy Without Limits Organization: Mercy Without Limits
Closing date: 17 Oct 2018
Job Title: Finance & Grants Officer
Vacancy Ref. no: MWL10103
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Report to: Finance Coordinator
No of Positions: 1
About Mercy Without Limits:**
MWL is a humanitarian, advocacy, non-profit organization dedicated to work with communities in order to overcome poverty. ‘s main priorities are aimed at empowering women, youth, people with disabilities and children by enabling them to participate in economic, social, and civil spheres. We aim to protecting women, youth, people with disabilities and children rights by the constitution and legislation systems.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
MWL is seeking for Grants Finance officer based in Gaziantep, Turkey. S/he will be responsible for all finance and grant management of MWL operations in Turkey as well as for essential supervisory tasks within the Finance Unit staff. The position has supervisory responsibilities. It also requires close working relationship with the Programme teams.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
· Post and review all expenditures and every transaction according to programme and projects budgets and ensure that reports produced from the accounting system reflect the true position of MWL financial performance.
· Process payments and ensure that each payment/transaction complies with MWL internal financial procedures, programmes and project budgets. This includes checking and ensuring the stamping and filing of all vouchers and documents is done.
· Design programme/project budgets in consultation with other relevant staff and ensure budget holders are regularly updated on burn rate.
· Manage staff advances issuance, liquidation and ageing in line with the MWL’s policies and procedures.
· Ensuring that all information required for audit is availed including financial reports.
· Ensure Cash/Fund flow management in liaison with relevant staff.
· Review procurement documents prior to Procurement Committee meetings in liaison with the Procurement Officer.
· Maintain contact with MWL bankers and monitor all bank transactions to ensure that adequate balances are maintained. This includes ensuring competitive exchange rates.
· Analyze risk areas in internal controls and recommend mitigating measures.
· Responsible for accounts payables and receivables for the organization.
Grants & Partner Management
· Monitor financial performance for all grants and produce reports according to donor reporting requirements
· Facilitate transfer of funds to sub-offices/partners and ensure close monitoring of utilization of funds.
· Support developing/drafting contracts for sub-offices/partners that are compliant to MWL donor regulations
· Ensuring that sub-offices / partner organizations comply with signed contracts
· Regularly review of sub-offices / partner organization’s reports and provide them with documented feedback
· Train and advise on improvements in partner internal controls and related aspects
· Ensure partner management procedures comply to MWL Programme Management Guidelines.
Human Resource Management
· Prepare the payroll for local staff, ensuring payment of statutory deductions and file tax returns with relevant authorities.
· Keep an up-to-date database of MWL’s staff and consultants.
· Provide support to the recruitment process and ensure that new staff recruitment is done in compliance to MWL policy and Turkish labour laws.
· Update and keep secure each staff file and ensure that confidentiality levels are maintained.
· Ensure staff training and development plans are designed, budgeted for and implemented.
· Develop a robust new staff orientation procedure and ensure that it is implemented.
· Advise on staff remuneration, benefits and other entitlements.
· Liaise with other relevant staff on management of staff complaints, staff disciplinary proceedings and other HR related practices.
· Advise and support on staff separation procedures in compliance with Turkish labour laws and MWL policies.
· Ensure the staff appraisal tool is regularly updated, scheduled staff appraisals are completed, filed and outcomes actualized.
· Execute other tasks and responsibilities assigned by the Finance & Administration Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· A holder of university degree in Business Administration, Commerce or any other equivalent qualification.
· At least two years of experience in similar functions in an international non-governmental organization.
· Advanced book-keeping skills, including the ability to analyze financial information and prepare complete financial statements.
· Experience in enforcing internal financial procedures
· Human Resource experience is required
· Proactive attitude to budget monitoring and reporting, preferably with experience in advanced reporting requirements
· Command of Management Information Systems, in particular QuickBooks and exposure to one or more computerized accounting packages
· The candidate must be accurate, thorough, and able to consistently meet deadlines.
· Proficiency in English language, both written and spoken
· Possess a certificate of good conduct from the Turkish Policies
· Awareness of international development context
· Understanding of the project cycle from financial and programmatic perspective
· Finance and accountancy experience (computer-based)
Essential / Preferred:
· Knowledge & Skills Logical and analytical abilities Essential.
· Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal training Essential.
· Strong critical analysis and problem-solving skills;
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team Essential.
· Good organizational and time management skills Essential.
· Computer proficiency in word processing, Power Point, Outlook and Excel.
· Notes and other internet applications Essential.
How to apply:
MWL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MWL considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact at: email@example.com
As required by law, the MWL will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb