By World Vision Organization: World Vision
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 17 Oct 2018
World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Advocacy and External Engagement Specialist, you will provide support to advocacy and external engagement activities in the United Nations to deliver on main advocacy and campaign objectives including collaboration across the organization to inform and facilitate global engagement. This role will support efforts on the delivery of external communications to stakeholders as well as support the planning and implementation of a range of external events, including attending external meetings to properly document discussions and outcomes.
- Bachelor Degree. Plus experience in children rights, human rights, political science, international development, communication or any other specific field relevant to World Visions work.
- Experience in international work environments and cross-cultural communication, including understanding of the UN system and NGOs.
- Networking skills and confident public speaker.
- Documented experience in advocacy work with international actors and experience in writing advocacy briefs, notes, summaries, etc.
- Fluent in English. Other languages may be an advantage.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 5-10% of the time.
How to apply:
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 17 OCT 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb