By UN Capital Development Fund Organization: UN Capital Development Fund
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 15 Oct 2018
United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries. With its capital mandate and instruments, UNCDF offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially at the domestic level, to reduce poverty and support local economic development. UNCDF’s financing models work through two channels: financial inclusion that expands the opportunities for individuals, households, and small businesses to participate in the local economy, providing them with the tools they need to climb out of poverty and manage their financial lives; and by showing how localized investments — through fiscal decentralization, innovative municipal finance, and structured project finance — can drive public and private funding that underpins local economic expansion and sustainable development. By strengthening how finance works for poor people at the household, small enterprise, and local infrastructure levels, UNCDF contributes to SDG 1 on eradicating poverty and SDG 17 on the means of implementation. By identifying those market segments where innovative financing models can have transformational impact in helping to reach the last mile and address exclusion and inequalities of access, UNCDF contributes to a number of different SDGs.
UNCDF is seeking to hire a Communications Specialist, who under the overall guidance and supervision of the Head of Partnerships, Policy and Communications (PPC) Unit, will develop and execute a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy to promote the awareness of and support for the work of UNCDF. Working in close collaboration with PPC colleagues, Programme Divisions, regional and country offices, the Communications Advisor will build and maintain relationships with UN agencies, donor and LDC governments, private sector partners, foundations, non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, and the media. S/he will develop new partnerships and launch campaigns to improve the visibility of UNCDF.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Communications Specialist, UNCDF will work in the following five areas;
- Brand and Quality Management: Develop and implement an integrated UNCDF communications and marketing strategy designed to support organization’s brand awareness, strategic business development, partnership-building, and resource mobilization.
- Media Relations/Marketing:Oversee the regular production of a range of communications materials, including press kits, fact sheets, infographics, videos, and animated videos.
- Multimedia writing/editing: Supervise the content development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the quality and relevance of UNCDF’s online presence, including creating consistent, updated messages for communications platforms across the organization, including social media; and review the design and functionality of the website and producing updated content.
- Public Relations: Generate visibility for UNCDF corporate and programme activities through effective media relations, high-quality events and launches, placement and distribution of information material, and creative partnerships with bilateral partners, multilateral and non-governmental organizations, and private sector companies.
- Collaboration and Partnership: Support the Head of Partnerships, Policy and Communications Unit to strengthen existing partnerships and develop new ones, including by researching potential partners; drafting donor briefs and country profiles; supporting and participating in donor meetings; and developing and maintaining a database of relevant Communications materials for partner engagement.
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Brand and Quality Management
- Marketing/Media Relations/Social Media
- Multimedia Writing/Editing
- Public Relations
- Influencing and Agenda Setting
- Collaboration and Partnership
- Management and Coordination
Minimum Recruitment Requirements:
Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in journalism/communications, marketing, international relations, economics and/or other relevant social sciences.
Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience in journalism, media relations, marketing, advertising, multilateral relations, the intergovernmental system, or related fields; with focus on the following:
Demonstrated success in fundraising for large institutions.
Leading advocacy campaigns.
Building a network of useful contacts, and creating new partnerships.
Knowledge of the UN or comparable multilateral system a significant asset.
How to apply:
Please visit the job-link below to apply by closing date: 15th October 2018
Read more here:: ReliefWeb