By Population Services International Organization: Population Services International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 08 Nov 2018
Title:**Director of Operations and Management, PSI Uganda**
Department: East Africa
Based in Kampala, Uganda
Up to 30% international travel
Reports to the Country Representative, Uganda
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
We are looking for a Director of Operations and Management to help us ensure organizational effectiveness by providing leadership and oversight over the financial and operations functions. This position closely works with the Executive Management Team, the Social Marketing Team and the Board of Directors.
Sound like you? Read on.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiate, develop and review the SMART annual objectives with the Heads of Supply Chain Management, Finance, IT, People & Culture that are linked to platform minimum standards, platform strategic plan and donor deliverables.
- Initiate, articulate, review the development and execution of strategies, systems, procedures and policies for enhancing performance pertaining to Supply Chain Management, Finance, IT, People & Culture departments to achieve set annual objectives, adhere to organization policies and budgets.
- Initiate and champion Innovation leadership systems, policies and procedures for the organization.
- Initiate, review and monitor risk management systems, policies and procedures for the Supply Chain Management, Finance, IT, People & Culture departments.
- Review and approve financial and narrative reports and transactions to vendors, donors, PSI and other stakeholders.
- Initiate, review and approve the processing of PACE contracts and transaction to third parties; financial and narrative reports to vendors, donors, PSI and the preparation of annual returns to the National NGO board in a timely manner.
- Provide strategic direction and guidance for the PACE Social Enterprise including the Tunza Sustainable Social Franchise pilot, product sales at cost recovery among others.
What are we looking for?
T**he candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:**
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
- Master’s degree in a related field or equivalent mandatory, a Master’s in Business Administration is preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a senior management role. This could be with a not-for-profit or for profit high-growth organization.
- Experience either as an employee or board member of a nonprofit organization; must be familiar with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Familiarity with People, Supply Chain and IT Management or systems is desirable.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Superior communications skills, verbal and written, including the ability to engage effectively with staff at all levels.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, PACE’s board of directors, and staff.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
- References will be required.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb