By Macfadden Organization: Macfadden
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 09 Nov 2018
Key Internal Interfaces: OTI COR, OTI Partners, OTI Data Analysis Team (DAT), Various FPD PLI, and OMD colleagues
Key External Interfaces: Agency partners
- Provide geospatial services to USAID/OTI in support of program management, analysis, planning, and advocacy as a member of the Data Analysis Team (DAT).
- Communicate the geographic operating picture of USAID’s international development work primarily in assigned countries through the acquisition, production, and provision of geospatial data and cartography.
- Collaborate closely with USAID client, implementing partner field staff, and with peers in U.S Government agencies, the humanitarian community, academic, and private sectors.
- In areas of leadership, the Geographic Information Officer would be responsible for advancing the Data Analysis Team’s (DAT) work in that area by providing vision, organizing tasks, and identifying opportunities for engaging colleagues.
- Provide deliverables and technical solutions for specific country teams.
- Provide support and participate in technical solutions. Engage individuals and office groups on how to successfully use visualizations to more effectively communicate information.
- Expand in office capacity for visual and multimedia products by seeking out new software, strategies, and techniques.
- Implementation of data visuals, and use of graphics in outreach and advocacy in close partnership with the Graphic Design team.
- B.A. /B.S. Degree in Geography, Information Technology or similar discipline required.
- 4-6 years providing GIS support to, including internships and advanced course work, USAID or other federal agencies or related organizations.
Minimum experience required by the contract:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of work experience; or
- Less than BS/BA with 10 years of relevant experience
- MS/MA/MB with 6 years of relevant experience
- JD/ABD with 5 years of relevant experience
- Ph.D. with 4 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), both proprietary and open source cartographic design, image processing, graphic editing, databases, and standard office applications.
- Extensive experience, using, creating, manipulating, and refining spatial and other types of data from a wide array of sources, including prior experience compiling metadata.
- Experience cleaning, parsing and refining geospatial and other types of data from a wide array of sources.
- Experience creating web maps using web-mapping APIs such as MapBox, Carto, and Arc Online
- Experience working with different programming languages and the ability to build scripts to automate complex processes such as Python, BASH, and other scripting languages.
- Experience working with graphic design software including the Adobe Design Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) for cartographic and data visualization production.
- Familiarity testing, training, and advising on technology platforms and applications. (Ex. data collection/survey tools, communication platforms, visualization and analysis engines)
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously and manage workload independently.
- Position requires the ability to work in high pressure situations occasionally exceeding normal business hours with the potential for domestic and overseas travel.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Preferred: International experience and foreign language skills are preferred.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb