By United Nations Population Fund Organization: United Nations Population Fund
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 15 Oct 2018
The Humanitarian and Fragile Context Branch (HFCB) is the core unit within UNFPA tasked with providing guidance and support to the organization on humanitarian programming and operations. UNFPA is seeking an intern to assist in guidance and support functions ranging from policy and standards development, providing assistance in emergency financing and operations, emergency preparedness, disaster risk reduction, capacity building, and partnership-coordination.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the humanitarian data collection tool – google sheets – with focus on quality control. This includes monitoring and coordinating data entry and compliance by all emergency country offices.
- Design and update 2-pager Country Fact Sheets for all emergency countries.
- Support the production of signature humanitarian action publication – the UNFPA Humanitarian Action Overview. Provide data tables for the publication, and follow up with country offices and others for timely inputs.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Academic background in communication, economics, international development, or related areas, or active enrollment in Masters programme.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with, Google Sheets including VLOOKUP, data analytics, and visualization.
- Strong writing skills in English – ability to write clearly and concisely, and synthesize large amounts of information.
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Upon completion of the assignment, and depending on its duration, the Intern should:
- Have an increased understanding of the UN system
- Understand UNFPA’s general mandate and policies, especially in humanitarian settings and emergency preparedness
- Have learned UNFPA technical language and working procedures
- Be able to write and formulate technical documents
- Have networked with partners, country and regional offices,
- Be able to work as a team member in a multicultural setting
How to apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line “Application: Humanitarian Intern” by October 20, 2018. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Preference will be given to candidates with immediate availability.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb