By UNOPS Organization: UNOPS
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 09 Oct 2018
The United Nations Department of Field Support, Logistics Support Division (UN DFS-LSD) is responsible for implementing Supply Chain Management in support of the Departments of Peacekeeping Operations and Field Support (DPKO/DFS) missions as well as Special Political Missions (SPMs).
The United Nations Department of Field Support provides dedicated support to international peace operations, including to UN peacekeeping, special political and other field missions. Through its four divisions, it supports the requirements of the Departments of Peacekeeping Operations and Field Support (DPKO/DFS) missions as well as Special Political Missions (SPMs).
LSD plays an integral role in the global operations of the field missions. It is one of the fundamental infrastructure components that support the substantive work and the delivery of peacekeeping and special political missions’ mandates. Efficient and reliable logistics support is a core strategic, operational and tactical pillar of field missions and the United Nations at large. Therefore, ensuring that a robust and fault-tolerant supply chain infrastructure is in place to sustain operations is a necessary and permanent consideration.
The division is currently implementing an ‘end-to-end’ integrated supply chain management with a view to achieving DFS vision of a well-managed and agile supply chain to support United Nations field missions with effectiveness and efficiency. The overall supply chain management process starts and ends with clients-development and management of consolidated demand/requirements of all clients and fulfillment of client’s requirements through strategic sourcing and delivery. The process is enabled by a robust performance management framework and supported by solution such as Umoja.
Umoja is the project approved by the General Assembly resolution 63/262 that aims at the transformation of the United Nations Secretariat by enabling high-quality, cost-effective service delivery to support the execution of evolving mandates everywhere the Organization operates.
Umoja, which means “unity” in Swahili, will unite the many support and administrative entities throughout the Secretariat, including in peacekeeping and field missions, through re-designed and common processes for the management of all financial, human and physical resources; a single integrated information system; and training of staff.
In February 2015, LSD was designated as Umoja process owner for logistics. As logistics process owner, LSD led Phase 1 of the supply chain management deployment of Umoja Extension 2, also known as the Galileo Decommissioning Project that successfully completed the deployment of Umoja supply chain solution to peacekeeping and special political missions in September 2017, replacing the Galileo system. The project was implemented through a dedicated project team within LSD. Since January 2017, that project team was merged with DFS IPSAS-Umoja team along with responsibility for coordinating an expanded portfolio of Umoja deployments. Known as the DFS Umoja Coordination Office, the team is responsible for deploying multiple project streams to peacekeeping and special political missions, including: UE2–Supply Chain Management (UE2-SCM) stream that include: demand planning, supply network planning, transport management, track and trace and material master transformation; the Strategic Planning and Performance Management stream (covering budget formulation and relationships with donors and implementing partners; conference and events management, force management and planning
UNOPS has been requested to assist in the implementation of this activity for DFS/LSD Umoja Coordination Service.
Under the direct supervision of the UNOPS Senior ERP Change and Coordination Officer, the Process Design Advisor will be responsible for the following duties:
· Leads the project and resources to deliver the project scope and mandate
· Lead projects related to supply chain planning activities including demand planning, supply network planning, inventory management and related master data transformation projects.
· Lead business process change initiatives to supply chain planning, by identifying changes to existing processes and re-aligning current business processes to achieve set supply chain vision and strategies.
· Lead the interface between businesses process owners and IT solution development to articulate the business requirements and whilst having a thorough understanding of the SAP solutions related to supply chain planning and core SAP ECC functionality.
· Propose improvements/required changes to core SAP ECC to accommodate new demand and supply network planning related activities.
· Guide project resources to prepare project related documents such as requirements documents, process definition documents, process flow documents and other documents related to an ERP system implementation.
· Lead resources perform analysis and make recommendations of the existing data to support, make decisions related to new processes that are being implemented to as part of the supply chain vision and strategy.
· With experience and knowledge of implementing ERP systems, where needed propose solutions to meet business needs.
· Develops and executes an efficient internal communication strategy to ensure communication with all levels of management within the team
· Provide regular management status updates of responsible projects.
· Conceptualizing, designing and implementing proof of concept exercises to evaluate the solution fit and gaps of the software solution as applicable to operations; he/she analyses the business operating model, anticipates risks, draws up contingency plans, and negotiates the improvements and enhancements required to support business operations
· Conducts research and draws up resource plans to staff the project delivery; makes decisions about resource allocation to ensure project milestones are met.
· Plans, oversees and coordinates the project activities of the ERP solution
· Works directly with the stakeholders to translate project requirements into an Implementation Project Plan, which specifies the goals, strategies, activities, schedules, and allotment of resources for each phase of the project. Ensure that activities are in line with the LSD and DFS principles.
· Conducts project meetings and produces standard project documentation. Proactively evaluate project activities, build contingency plans, propose corrective actions and monitor issue resolution to mitigate risks.
· The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
· Performs other related duties as required.
Please visit the online vacancy for more information and to apply:**https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16467**
· Advanced University Degree (Masters or equivalent) Business Administration; Social Science, Policy Administration, Management, Information Technology, Accounting and Finance or related field.
· A first level university degree and extensive professional experience maybe accepted in lieu of the Advanced Degree.
· A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in project management, change management and/or business analysis is required.
· Operational experience managing large scale projects in multi-party setting is desirable.
· Extensive knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning systems such as SAP and modules that are encompassed with such ERP systems is required
· Experience in deploying and implementing ERP solutions for multinational establishment desirable
· Experience in the development of tools for the automation of repetitive tasks that are coordinated across distinct groups to improve productivity, service quality and control is desirable.
· Extensive experience in implementing ERP supply chain management, logistics systems, inventory managements, and business process transformation is desirable.
· Ability to prioritize and multitask
· Willingness to learn innovative technologies and maintain industry knowledge
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Initiative, appropriate time management, customer focus
· PRINCE2 Practitioner or any other Project Management certification is required.
· SCOR-P certification is highly desirable
· SAP Certification in Supply Chain areas is desirable
· Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Fluency in one or more official UN languages is desirable.
How to apply:
- Please visit the online vacancy to apply: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16467#2
- Application Deadline: 09-Oct-2018
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb