By Population Services International Organization: Population Services International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 01 Nov 2018
Title: Research and Program Analyst
Department: Family Planning and Reproductive Health
Based in Washington, DC
Up to 30% international travel
Reports to the Principal Investigator, CM4FP
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
The Consumer’s Market for Family Planning (CM4FP) study will be a new research project designed to provide relevant, high quality evidence on the consumer’s perception of the family planning market in two countries, Nigeria and Kenya. The design of CM4FP draws on the designs of the FPwatch project for family planning and the ACTwatch project for malaria (http://www.actwatch.info/). The project will collect longitudinal survey data from two sources. Four rounds of data will be collected from all outlets providing family planning products in selected project areas, in order to learn about family planning commodity and service delivery availability, price, and market share. Four rounds of data will also be collected from women living in the project areas, via household-based surveys, in order to learn about family planning use, access, and perception of the supply market. The two datasets will be linked in order to explore local supply and demand interaction. The census-based approach of collecting data from all outlets in the project areas will also be compared to the approaches employed by other large-scale surveys such as PMA2020 and the DHS, in order to understand its benefits and limitations.
PSI seeks a Research and Program Analyst for the CM4FP research project, who will support the Principal Investigator in leading the monitoring, management and analysis of survey data while also maintaining project management responsibilities such as budget tracking and donor reporting. The Research and Program Analyst loves data – cleaning, analyzing, managing, organizing, presenting and disseminating – loves the power of data and enjoys helping others learn how to use data, particularly for decision–making. The Analyst is also very detail oriented, loves organization, and loves seeing a project through to successful completion within the agreed timeline and budget.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to provide input to the design of research and data collection, monitor data quality, write and execute analysis plans, conduct independent analysis, communicate methods and results, and ensure that the wheels of the program are running smoothly and efficiently. Proficiency in STATA is a must and experience in family planning is highly desirable.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Provide statistical inputs for CM4FP protocol development, including sample size calculations, analysis plans, and data cleaning and quality management
- Provide remote and in-country support for data collection activities
- Monitor the quality of incoming data and help trouble shoot issues
- Lead team of data analysts to clean all incoming data, working within a strict timeline for turnaround of analysis-ready datasets
- Oversee annual program reporting to the donor
- Responsible for timely and high-quality project knowledge management
- Monitor expenditures against budgets
- Identify innovative ways for sharing and communicating study findings to a range of national and international stakeholders
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Master’s degree and 3+ years of professional experience in public health, epidemiology, demography, econometrics, or other related field
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies for quantitative research including analysis of survey data and longitudinal data
- Demonstrated experience in cleaning, managing and analyzing complex quantitative data using STATA required
- Experience developing and carrying out analyses to answer targeted questions, including compiling and managing data and interpreting and sharing results
- Experience with implementing electronic data collection is highly desirable
- Demonstrated project management experience required
- Experience in the field of family planning and reproductive health highly desirable
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- References will be required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position
Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb