By Internews Network Organization: Internews Network
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 02 Nov 2018
The Senior Business Development Associate, Public Sector manages the technical support, as well as administrative and accounting support for business development activities with public sector donors at Internews.He/she is expected to perform complicated tasks requiring prior experience, education and/or training. The Senior Business Development Associate for public sector donors works within the Global Development team to increase funding in support of Internews’ mission by researching and engaging in fundraising activities with prospective and current public sector donors for increasing restricted funds at Internews. Working under the leadership of the Business Development Manager for Public Sector donors, as well as the Vice President for Global Development, he/she will contribute to a strategic approach to business development at Internews to ensure the organization raises between $50,000,000 – $60,000,000 annually from public sector donors, including USAID, the US State department, the Canadian government (Global Affairs Canada) and AusAid among others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Tracking Business Development Opportunities:
- Conducts research as required for new mechanisms, priorities, initiatives and/or background information on public sector donors.
- Works with Global Development, Program and Technical teams to identify specific new opportunities with public sector donors.
- Evaluates whether opportunities found fit within Internews’ mission and vision, and then summarizes and distributes likely opportunities from public sector donors
- Focusing on prioritized opportunities, develops and maintains an internal business development tracker of solicitations, as well as due dates for upcoming proposals and concept notes.
Maintaining Business Development Competitive Information
- Manages the list of business development managers and/or decision makers at partner organizations and ensures that these contacts are updated routinely in Salesforce.
- Maintains and updates public sector donor contact records in Salesforce as required.
- Tracks and maintains records of governmental and public sector support.
- Contributes to Internews’ opportunity tracking systems (Salesforce and Agresso) for concept notes and proposals.
- Serves as the lead knowledge management coordinator for Internews’ Sharepoint Intranet (Hive) platform
- Supports the Vice President of Global Development in reporting on targets for public sector business development.
- Working with other Global Development staff members, maintains and supports up to date organizational capacity records on internal knowledge sharing systems.
- Takes the lead in generating content/text for requests for information for USAID solicitations, working with program and technical staff member and the Vice President for Global Development to finalize.
- Assists with proposals and concept notes to public sector donors, including conducting basic desk research, document formatting, and development of situation analysis, capacity statements, past performance references, and formatting of CVs/resumes/short biographies.
- Develops timelines for concept note and proposal submissions and reviews donor guidelines to ensure full compliance with all donor requirements.
- Develops outlines/writing guides for technical and program staff and other BD managers as required.
- Coordinates kick-off and/or design meetings for proposals as required and assigned.
- Coordinates Go/NoGo/How to Go calls with program and leadership teams for sensitive and/or large strategic bids.
- Working closely with program and technical staff members and his/her supervisor, writes, reviews, and edits smaller concept notes, proposals and pitches for submission to public sector donors in line with Internews’ annual Global Development strategy.
Financial Management Support:
- Tracks and manages personnel invoices and contracts, expenses and credit reports as required.
- Produces expense reports as required.
- Supports the Vice President in tracking and monitoring departmental budgets.
- Records, tracks, and reports on financial contributions and business development activities with public sector donors at least quarterly.
Meetings & Scheduling:
- Participates in quarterly positioning meetings for each program management unit, and in weekly Global Development coordination meetings, taking notes and minutes as required.
- Maintains a calendar of due dates for proposals and other submissions, and will send out reminders to program staff as required.
- Prepares presentation materials – including Powerpoint presentations and briefing papers for donor or partner pitches, or internal audiences, as required.
- Collaborates closely with the Communications department to develop website content to maximize Internews’ relationships with key donors, as well as Internews’ overall brand image on-line.
- Contributes to annual strategic planning for Global Development at Internews.
- Contributes to monthly updates on Global Development activities.
- Works with the Global Development team to support business development needs with European and private sector donors as required; note this LOE is not expected to exceed 10% – 20% LOE.
- May be asked to supervise interns working on Global Development related activities as appropriate.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- At least 2 years’ of prior work experience, preferably in the non-profit, communications or international development field.
- Passion for the role of media and increased access to information in changing lives.
- Relevant undergraduate University degree.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Superior writing skills with demonstrated ability to translate complicated technical material into easy to read and compelling text. Ability to both edit others writing and accept feedback.
- Demonstrated prior experience with successful proposal writing.
- Proven organization skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize within the context of a flexible and shifting workload.
- Ability to handle sensitive donor information with the utmost discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to maintain a sense of calm, and project a sense of humor in the face of strict deadlines.
- Must be able and willing to work well with a diverse range of colleagues to achieve ambitious fundraising targets. Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed both to domestic and/or international destinations, possibly to difficult international environments. (Note: Travel opportunities are not necessarily a given, and any travel is not expected to exceed 20% LOE for this position.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and internet research.
- Master’s degree in relevant field, such as international development, journalism, communications and/or data analytics.
- Prior experience living and working overseas.
- Prior experience working in the media development field.
- Prior experience with Salesforce or other contact management systems.
- Experience with graphics and/or desktop publishing programs a plus.
- Spanish, French or Portuguese language skills a plus.
How to apply:
To apply please visit: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=897
Read more here:: ReliefWeb