By Macfadden Organization: Macfadden
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 09 Nov 2018
Macfadden is seeking a motivated, highly organized, and team-oriented Front-End Web Developer/Designer to join our digital services team. Applicant will be responsible for building out front-end web applications for high-visibility clients, including USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA), which leads the U.S. government’s response to international disasters. Activities will include: working with a team to create and maintain an interactive disaster map; creating new web pages on disaster response, humanitarian activities, and donations; maintaining existing web content; and working in close collaboration with our client’s dynamic and innovative communications and graphic design teams.
Candidate must have current experience as a front-end web designer working with Responsive Web Design in order to translate our client’s needs into functional, visually appealing, and impactful designs. Candidate must also demonstrate solid understanding of the web development process, including design, development, and deployment.
Drupal and WordPress experience is critical; applicant must have solid understanding of implementing, supporting and managing CMS-based websites. Familiarity with back-end web development and mapping/GIS is a plus.
Please note that candidates must provide at least three examples of sites they built and specifically detail what parts of the sites they worked on.
- Design, develop, and deliver creative and engaging digital content—such as web pages and interactive maps—in a creative and impactful manner that helps the client tell its story to an external global audience and grows the organization’s brand;
- Create and deliver concepts, wireframes, and designs that deliver a compelling user experience, drive user behavior, and communicate key ideas;
- Create quality mockups and prototypes and ensure all graphics meet legibility standards and support brand consistency;
- Work with client to improve and maintain content management of digital platforms;
- Work closely with back-end developers to improve usability of digital portfolio and provide troubleshooting and programming support, as needed;
- Enhance and update current websites to optimize images and content for speed;
- Update current websites with up-to-date content;
- Create and maintain support documents, such as a user’s guide and other functional guides;
- Maintain and produce effective metrics and documentation processes to evaluate and enhance digital portfolio;
- Research, analyze, and stay up-to-date on emerging technologies, digital and graphics trends, and industry and government best practices;
- Work with client to adapt their digital assets to reflect changing priorities and evolving needs;
- Ensure content and branding consistency and compliance throughout the entire platform(s);
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with significant study pertinent to the specialist field (including, but not limited to, computer science, graphic arts, digital communications)
- 8 years relevant work experience with bachelor’s degree
- 6 years relevant work experience with master’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years working with User Interface (UI) design and with the programs/skills outlined below
- Demonstrated experience and ability to design, develop, and execute creative and engaging digital content;
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work with back-end developers to maintain and improve usability of existing digital assets;
- Graphic design skills and demonstrated experience and ability to work in a team environment to conceptualize and deliver creative digital content;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to rapidly produce clear, concise, and professional copy for varied audiences;
- Strong organizational and planning skills, as well as demonstrated ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines while maintaining an attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently;
- Demonstrated experience and ability working with the following programs:
- CMS: WordPress and Drupal
- Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop and Illustrator)
Knowledge and familiarity with:
- Google Analytics and SEO principles
- Git, JIRA or similar program
- Section 508 compliance
- Basic understanding of:
- Social media platforms and management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite)
- Browser testing, debugging, and Agile Methodology
- Information security, U.S. government web standards and protocols (preferred)
- Knowledge of mapping and GIS: KML, DC, D3, Leaflet, OSM, OpenLayers and related technologies is a plus
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb