- Department: Development
- Reports to: Director of Development
- Full-time non-exempt Employee
Louisville Ballet seeks a candidate to fill the role of Associate Development Officer. This position will play an integral role in the success of the organization by participating in all fundraising activities, representing Louisville Ballet in the community and driving goals for specific revenue sources. Working closely with the Director of Development, the Associate Development Officer will take responsibility for stewarding and enhancing relationships with current institutional and individual funders. The preferred candidate will possess a passion for the arts; a patron-centered attitude and a desire to advance his/her career in philanthropy.
- Manage administrative details for government, foundation and corporate grants including but not limited to: drafting, editing and submitting application and reporting materials. (25%)
- Coordinate and manage details for donor events including but not limited to: invitations, volunteers, maintaining guest lists, gathering and preparing event materials, organizing refreshments, and facility set-up. (20%)
- Manage annual fund direct mail program. (10%)
- Responsible for the success of Relevé Society (young professional donor society) and other third-party fundraising activities (10%)
- Process donations; prepare donation deposits; draft acknowledgement letters and other correspondence. (10%)
- Continually update database records and maintain files for foundation, corporate and individual donors. (5%)
- Maintain daily fundraising reports and create other database reports as needed. (5%)
- Handle all administrative details associated with the Development Committee meetings including but not limited to: preparing and distributing calendar information, agendas, and meeting minutes. (5%)
- Manage donor lists for written and electronic programs (5%)
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development. (5%)
The Associate Development Officer must possess:
- Passion for the arts.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative position – preferably in a not-for-profit.
- Database management experience – eTapestry preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage an organizational calendar and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
The Associate Development Officer is often expected to work late and weekend hours as related to the performance and special events schedule.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send the following materials to Diane Davis, Director of Development, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- One writing sample
Include Associate Development Officer Search in the subject line.